I am so freaking bummed.

Duskreign
Duskreign
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
It has been a long time since I have been able to play in an RPG. I am the only one in my group that runs anything. One of my players is planning a game, but it has been a long time, and I am not confident that we will ever get to play it. In the mean time, I am the DM. I just want to play for a change.

So, when Gaaran approached me about Rase's online game, I was super excited. I really want to play, and this could be an opportunity to play with some of the awesome folks I've met here in these forums and on this mighty website we all know and love. I was supposed to play tonight when I got home from work. Instead, due to a bunch of ridiculousness, I didn't get home until midnight, and I missed my chance to start playing as mah dood, Simon Cruz.

Bummed doesn't suffice. I am totally depressed about this. :(

Comments

• DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Everyone wants some action as a player now and then. I totally understand that you would want to get your piece of the pie.

See what I did there? Pie joke when you least expected it.

I dont know if that'll make you feel better or worse, but at least I tried.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Pie makes everything better!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Dusk! The train hasn't left without you! Just let me know when you have free time and I'll hook you up, brother! I had a lot of time this morning (I left early to get to work on time, and some idiot didn't plow/salt properly and I careened off the road into a snow bank - I had a lot of time to think while waiting to be rescued.) to get ideas together on how to get you going in the campaign! I have some interesting ideas that I'm curious to see played out. Let me know and I'll see what I can do to flex my schedule to accommodate you!
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    I hope the train hasn't left yet, because I'm not on it either, Dusk. All will be well, my friend. I know that when you're hyped up about getting something on the go, unfortunate obstacles to that are a definite bummer, though.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Ugh, Rase, I'm sorry, man.
  • optimus_mush
    optimus_mush
    Sorry, Poutine. Hopefully we'll be starting our game up again soon.

I know Duskreign's pain. Our game has been derailed due to my new job. I already live 45 minutes from the rest of my gaming group and my new job is about an hour beyond that. Because my work day can run long or even longer it is difficult to commit to a schedule and because I have a three month old son and a house heated by a wood stove, my weekends are busy with family stuff and getting firewood.

That said, we WILL be gaming again here soon. I'll post on the site, Poutine, and hopefully we can find a time that works.
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Unfortunately we all have to feel the pain of a lack of gaming from time to time, and hopefully it all works out in the long run, right? I like to think that the experience is even better when you've been missing it...not that helps you, Dusk, but maybe a little?
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Here's hoping, Pal!
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    Dusk, sometimes I go through dry periods of gaming that are so long (months) I feel like a fraud even calling myself a gamer, but I still live/eat/breathe/sleep games so I try and convince myself not to get down about it. You should too, hang in there!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    GAMING IS IN THE BLOOD. GAMES FOR THE GAME GOD! GAMES FOR THE GAME THRONE!

...I scare myself sometimes. And yes, Here's hoping! It's time to de-bum Dusk! Hurrah!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    CRAP!!!! CRAP CRAP CRAPPEDY CRAP CRAP CRAP I HAD A CHANCE TODAY! :(

Dammit. Rase, I had a chance to play and I just didn't realize it. DAMN!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Dusk! Don't worry - there wasn't enough advance notice on my end - how are you for today? Or Tomorrow? Or the day after? Just let me know what works for you :)
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Thursday night would be perfect, so long as there are no more soul crushing, hope shattering situations that drive Duskreign further into the pits of ultimate despair.

:D
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Worse than the pits of ultimate despair - THE ARMPITS OF ULTIMATE DESPAIR!

Or Knee-pits.

I can totally do Thursday! I will make it so, Number Fourty-Two!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Knee pits are an erogenous zone according to Scott Pilgrim.

Also, I got promoted. I am now number -1
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Also according to Scott Pilgrim - beating people up makes you rich!

I look forward to tomorrow! And today. That's wierd. Looking forward to the present?
  • VentureSix
    VentureSix
    I'm not so bummed anymore, but I do hope you guys get a chance to play soon!

The last session we had was early November, and that wasn't a "real" one as 1 person was absent. We found out he was at Disneyland... Anyways, that was just tying up loose ends, upgrading gear, that kind of stuff.
    The last we played though, was September! We're playing next Wednesday though, so I'm super excited about that - and - we're adding another player to the mix! Hoping it all works out for you guys, and us as well!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    "YES!":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-dark-queen-of-the-west/adventure-log/simons-story-chapter-1
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    It begins!!!!

I'm excited. I'd read it, but it's 2am and my reading comprehension skills are not at their peak right now. Expect feedback tomorrow, or this weekend if I'm shoveling all day.

:)
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    So I'm digging the mystery already. :)

When do you think the characters will all be playing together?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I'm hoping to get that started whenever I have at least one session under everyone's belt. So it could be as soon as Next Monday, but I think it might be a bit further out than that.
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Awesome. I really like the variety of backgrounds for the characters. It means that I'm sure you are going to develop quite the complex web to get them together. I can't wait to see how this pans out Rase. :)
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Definitely an eclectic group...I'm also stoked to see where it goes. I'm new to the whole playing rpg's online thing, as well as the system, so it's an exciting venture. Especially considering the cast of characters (and their players)
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I enjoyed my first sesh tremendously. I can't wait for round 2.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I have to say, I'm very psyched. This is an excellent test of my abilities... I'm currently running four different story threads at the same time, with four separate people. It can only get easier from here, I think. The trick is weaving the web properly so that the strands don't come undone...

Let me just say this: I worked for a solid few weeks to find a common way to get a Journalist, a Detective, a Football Coach, Ladysman Researcher, Corporate Environmentalist, and a Marine into a story thread. I actually figured it out, which was no mean feat.
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    "I worked for a solid few weeks to find a common way to get a Journalist, a Detective, a Football Coach, Ladysman Researcher, Corporate Environmentalist, and a Marine into a story thread. I actually figured it out, which was no mean feat."

I'd say!! That's some good web-spinning "spidey!":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o29VoxtsFk :)
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Hahaha - awesome! Now I have the theme stuck in my head, which is excellent!