Grue vs Gazebo

Ryqoshay
edited January 2011 in General Archive
A discussion between my DM and I has led to the question of who would win in a fight between a grue and a gazebo. He has insisted that a grue is undefeatable while under the cloak of darkness while I maintain that the gazebo does not rely on sight to detect its prey. We are both quite curious what others may think.

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    i would never be antagonistic towards a gazebo!

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• weasel0
    weasel0
    Don't forget the Green Davenport... you'd never see the horror of it coming!!
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    I have found myself slipping gazebos into my campaign world... so far only the benign, garden variety (get it?) has shown up... I'm tempted to make one turn out to be an advanced mimic though.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Gnunn - that was a silent but deadly pun...
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    lol
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    I've often tried to add "gazebos":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gazebo to my campaigns, but everyone keeps trying to hold "ice cream socials":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_cream_social and "Barbershop Quartet":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbBITrZa6Ok concerts in them. It's very distracting - although it's a great way to build some character development...
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    What? Why is everyone looking at me funny?

- crickets chirp -
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I really have to get invited to an ice cream social, now.
  • Ryqoshay
    I have a bad effect on my DM... We've decided to interbreed the grue and the gazebo in an attempt to boost the strength of the offspring and alleviate the grue's weakness to light. Of course this brought up the question of what weaknesses the gazebo had, other than fire.

edit: and axes.
    Post edited by Ryqoshay on
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    Gruezebo!
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Frank, did you create that wikipedia page just for this post...you did didn't you? Ice Cream Social. I think you now have to host one, sir. With open invites (and possibly plane tickets) for the members of the OP community that sign up. (wait, maybe you should limit the number of admissions, though...especially if you have to buy plane tickets for us)
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    How... how would they mate?

I mean... who...

Where would they put the....
    Post edited by Duskreign on
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    Poutine_Paladin, I wish I did, but ice cream socials have been around a lot longer than I have.

It's about 14 degrees in Chicago right now, and while the ice cream would stay cold, so would we. Perhaps when it gets a bit warmer...
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    The gazebo would win, hands down gentlemen. Hands. Down.
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    but... gazebos don't _have_ hands.
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    They don't _need_ hands
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Frank, I know that Ice cream socials have been around for a long time...it just didn't look like the wikipedia entry had, that's all. I think it would've been awesome if you'd have made a wikipedia entry just to link to it from the forums.

On the plus side....Hey everyone! Frank said he's going to fly us to Chicago for ice cream when it gets warmer!
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    Sure, Poutine_Paladin; as long as I'm piloting one of gnunn's flying ships...
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Get on it, Gnunn!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    If you wanted him to hurry up, you should tell him to Gnunn It!
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    Oh, it's been "gotten on!":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-westerlands/items/zephyr
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Wow, Gnun! Do you design the airships yourself?

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• gnunn
    gnunn
    You know, in my spare time.
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    A dire fiendish paragon half-grue half-gazebo of legend.

In a ten-by-ten room.

With a -pie- banana split.

Mike aka Black Vulmea
    "_Le Ballet de l'Acier_":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/le-ballet-de-l-acier - swashbuckling adventure in the age of the Three Musketeers and Captain Alatriste
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Sadly, I can actually imagine a half-grue, half-gazebo.

It looks all harmless, so folks will try and have weddings and parties in it, but when the sun hits the right angle, shadows begin to creep along the gazebo floor....and EAT PEOPLE! NOM NOM NOM!