Just starting, do you actually play the game(s) online?

Kilrathi
edited January 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
Hello everyone. I know this may seem a bit like a strange question, but do you actually play the games online using this site, or is this site just for keeping all the notes / history / maps / characters for the game?

Comments

• DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Welcome to OP and to the forums!

The site is mostly for "keeping all the notes / history / maps / characters for the game ", though it could be possible to use the campaign forums (for Ascendent Members) to play a play by post. I've never done a play by post so I'm not 100% certain on that but from my impression of how those are run I think it could work. Also it is a great place to meet others if you ARE looking for an online game. The community here is very friendly and extremely helpful.

There are some amazing campaigns (both in content and presentation) to check out. If you "browse through them":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns you can get a pretty good idea as to some of the possibilities of this site.

Hope to see you around!

"DarkMagus":http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/DarkMagus
  • Mike_Holmes
    Mike_Holmes
    I use OP to store notes for games that I run via IRC. Makes for a nice filing system where players can go to see notes on NPCs that their characters have encountered, read up on details of past sessions, etc.

Mike
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I use the site to supplement our tabletop D&D game but I have designed my whole campaign from scratch using the Wiki Pages on OP. Now that I am running the game, I constantly refer to these notes and update, as well as using the site to keep track of XP and to have OOC chats with characters outside of play on the Forums.

I also get a whole heap of advice and friendly chit-chat from the other members.
    Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• strokes
    strokes
    I use the site as a player's guide to the game as well as for PbP. We actually try to meet up online bi-monthly using d20 Pro, and in between sessions its all PbP using the Adventure Log.