Formatting question about CSS borders

DarkMagus
DarkMagus
edited January 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
Hey there folks!

So my current campaign will be ending very soon and while we're not sure what is happening afterwards I thought I'd thorw some stuff up for a new campaign just in case. I'm trying to comd up with a page format before I put in a ton of work and then have to go through and update each page.

Here's my question, it relates to "this page":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-white-wastes-of-aultha/wikis/format

Is there a way I can make the border centered? I figured out how to shorten it, but it aligns left. I have tried various combinations of align and center and alignment and middle and things like that to no avail. Most of my code has been pick pocketed from others, but I am a little confident that I know what I'm doing. Here's what I have so far:

bq).
h4. Catchy Subtitle Here

Text goes here... blah blah

SO I FAILED MY BLOCK QUOTE CHECK.. but you get the idea about where the new lines should be...

Thanks! :)

Comments

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    You can get that to center up for you by setting the left and right margin values to "auto" in the style. Note however that since your page content is nested within that div tag, it will be constrained to 350px wide, and also be centered on the page. To fix that, you'll just want to move the closing tag for that div before the next div tag.
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Thanks very much Chainsaw! :)
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I'll admit, I tried working on this last night, and I fell asleep before I got a chance to get anywhere with it. I wouldn't have thought of setting the margins to auto, so it's probably for the best.

Chainsaw 'da man!
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Thanks Dusk, I appreciate the effort, and yes Chainsaw is the man!
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Heh. That's just the standard technique for centering block elements in properly formed CSS these days. Because, apparently, align:center was to clear and easy to understand. The 'standards' guys make me shake my head sometimes...