This Just In!

RaseCidraen
RaseCidraen
edited December 2010 in Campaign Portal Building
This just in! Rase has gotten in over his head with his latest coding adventure, and humbly requests assistance!

Currently developing "Newspaper Layouts Here":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-dark-queen-of-the-west/wikis/rases-playground for myself and my players - The bit I'm having trouble with is the formatting of the "footer" - for some reason, it only wants to appear after all of the elements on the right hand of the page - OP's elements. Other than that, it's more or less to my satisfaction, barring some tweaking in text formatting, but that's trivial.

Anyone want to take a crack at why my footer is so mangled? I'm not even convinced I need/want it, but I was kind of embarrassed to be schooled by my own code.

Comments

• RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Code Below. p class hide elements are introduced for simplicity+understanding of the code.

****Below is the "Background Image"****

****Below is the "Header"****

****Below is the "Container"****

****Below is the "Left" Column****

*Wildcats football ready for training camp*
    Gary Edwards, Chicago Tribune

The 2010 edition of your Northwestern Wildcats football team has been selected an they
    Post edited by RaseCidraen on
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Rase, the footers look fine on my browser, they don't go past the right hand margins. The text on the bottom paper's right column does go over the margin however.

I'm using IE 8 if that helps at all.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Dark - I've been focusing on the Northwestern (upper) one, before trying to fix the lower. I'm fine with the Left-right alignment, but my confusion is that the footer is *so far* below the main body of text. I can't figure out why that is!
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Oh. Ooops. Looking at it again I get what you mean now. Wish I was more of a code wizard so I could help you out on this one. Good luck. :)
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Excellent - Gaaran came swooping in, counted my Divs, and pointed out my mistake! Now I have a replicable newspaper format to share with "world + dog!":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-dark-queen-of-the-west/wikis/wiki-templates
    Post edited by RaseCidraen on
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Dude, that is fantastic. Once again, Rase Cidraen regales me with his amazing ideas, and Gaaran swoops in to seal the damn deal. Bravo, sirs!
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    I agree, they're a deadly combo. :)

Rase: nevermind the message I sent you earlier, the page doesn't look that way anymore.It looks fine. I don't know if you changed it or if my computer is just crazy. (sometimes it is, really! Sometimes when I load random pages its messed up, after I refresh the page its fine, then I refresh just to check I'm not crazy and its messed up again.. I think its trying to make me crazy so it can collect the insurance money or something...)
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Nice template guys!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    DarkMagus, your computer has an insurance policy on your sanity?

What are the premiums?
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Sometimes I feel like it does....

$10 a month, but I'm not sure what base that's in. Decimal? Hex? Base 1 million?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Oh mean, I wish I got paid in Base-1-million-bux. I have no idea how much money I'd be making. But it'd be a lot?

Thanks a lot guys! I like the idea of being in a combo of deadlyness. If anyone has any ideas they need brought to life, my services are for hire(read:free). I'm just trying to innovate the heck out of my new campaign to provide proper atmosphere once things kick off after the holiday season. It helps me get into the right mindset for the campaign to be working on things that will be both thematically appropriate and useful.
  • Takissis
    Takissis
    Oh my, Rase. You are going to actually make my journalism major write up articles...Woe is me! :P

Awesome job. I can't wait to take a stab at it.
  • Everdark
    Everdark
    This is pretty gnarly so far, Rase. Keep it up, man!
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Tak, I'm not sure if your journalism major is who this is aimed at, but it sure would be cool to have her as a "contributor". I'm using the newspaper format to illustrate background for Yonus and his team, right now anyway, and I thought it would be the best method, as I actually do work as a sports journalist. I'd be happy to give your character some pointers, if you'd like.