Slight change to my campaign intro video

Duskreign
Duskreign
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
I have made a slight alteration to the video on my "main page.":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/wyrmshadow/wikis/new-to-wyrmshadow The music is different, and the timing is, I think, far more dramatically appropriate. I welcome your thoughts!

Comments

• Everdark
    Everdark
    I just checked it out. It looks/sounds awesome, bro. Good job. Also, happy Thanksgiving, dudeness. What are you doing tonight after the festivities?
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Hey, thanks, Vin! We're eating early, so I'm probably free to chill out. Should I call you at home when I'm available? Or, do you already have stuff going on later tonight?
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    I think the word that best describes your video Dusk is, "Epic"! Great job on this.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • Everdark
    Everdark
    Yeah, dude. Give me a call whenever you're all good. I already ate and everything so I'm good to go.
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    Great changes, Dusk! Epic, indeed.
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Nicely done on the video, sir. Not sure there's a more appropriate word than "epic" so I'll simply concur.

But just so you guys know, Thanksgiving was over a month ago now. Haha. Gotta slip in a Canadian joke every now and then for my toqued friends up here.
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Looks and sounds great Dusk!
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Looking good, like always Dusk :).
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I want to do something far bigger, with actual video segments and a voice over narration, but I haven't the time at the moment. Of course, there are also far more pressing concerns, such as catching up on my backlog of session write-ups, developing my new campaign (it's gonna be b'dass!), and updating my Star Wars campaign site to take advantage of all the stuff I learned when I did the Wyrmshadow page.

Anyway, thanks, fellas!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Hey Dusk:

If you need any assistance with anything (sic, your video, additional man-hour resource for your wiki), just let me know. I look forward to seeing how you make the awesome even better!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Rase, I may take you up on that. The Star Wars site needs my attention, now that Wyrmshadow is hovering closer to the completion mark (wiki-wise, not campaign-wise). I need inspiration!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Sure thing Dusk! Inspiration is my middle name! (Well, it would be if I ever got it changed from Pierce...)
  • Takissis
    Takissis
    Hey Dusk, what program did you use for your video?
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Windows Movie Maker. It came free with Windows XP.
  • Takissis
    Takissis
    Awesome thanks
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I know there are more powerful programs out there for the job, but it was what I had available. For my next attempt, I will be doing something far different. I want to incorporate moving video and a voiceover. I may even look into learning how to make flash animation. I can handle the art, but the software is beyond my current abilities. Eventually, though. :)

I am eager to see what you come up with, Tak!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Moving video is tricky, but it would totally be awesome and worth it! LIVE ACTORS! ...I happen to know of a live dragon, if you need a hand with that sort of thing :P
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Hey, Dusk, just so you know, all the Adobe programs, like flash and premiere, are available for a free 30 day trial, so if you think you could figure them out and make your video in 30 days, that's always an option :).
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Yeah, I probably could, and when I can devote the time to the project, I will do so. Thanks, Gaaran! I just know that there are more important tasks to be tackled before I start into such a thing.