Le Ballet de l'Acier - swashbuckling adventure for the Flashing Blades rpg!

Black_Vulmea
Black_Vulmea
edited November 2010 in Player Lounge
Honor.

bq. Cary and the Spaniard stand for a moment quite upright, their sword-arms stretched straight before them, holding the long rapier horizontally, the left hand clutching the dagger close to their breasts. So they stand, eye to eye, with clenched teeth and pale crushed lips, while men might count a score . . . . Suddenly there is a quick turn of Cary's wrist and a leap forward. The Spaniard's dagger flashes, and the rapier is turned aside; Cary springs six feet back as the Spaniard rushes him in turn. Parry, thrust, parry - the steel rattles, the sparks fly, the men breathe fierce and loud; the devil's game is begun in earnest.

Honor may be earned, with a strong wrist and a stout heart.

bq. He took his place without a word. I read in his drawn white face that he had made his mind up to the worst, and his courage so won my admiration that I would gladfully and thankfully have set one of the lookers-on - any of the lookers-on - in his place; but that could not be.So I thought of Zaton's closed to me,of Pombal's insult, of the sneers and slights I had long kept at sword point; and, pressing him suddenly in a heat of affected anger, I thrust strongly over his guard, which had grown feeble, and ran him through the chest.

Honor *must* be defended, no matter the cost.

Honor calls the tune for the Ballet of Steel.

I'm looking for players for "_Le Ballet de l'Acier_":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/le-ballet-de-l-acier, a swashbuckling adventure campaign for the _Flashing Blades_ roleplaying game. This is a face-to-face tabletop game offered the second Saturday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at "St Crispin's Irregulars Hobby Night":http://www.meetup.com/stcrispins/, a Long Beach and Orange County area roleplaying gamers' Meetup.

The year is 1625. Louis XIII is king, a pious and vindictive prince standing in the shadow of his conniving first minister, Cardinal Richelieu. France is a state beset from within and without, by fractious nobles and rebellious subjects at home and ambitious princes abroad. In a society of rigid class distinctions, it's nonetheless possible to gain wealth and power no matter one's station, with courage, skill, and the gentle touch of Lady Fortune.

Player characters a drawn from the broad range of swashbuckling archetypes found in cape-and-sword books and movies, such as dashing nobles, masked highwaymen, wry musketeers, worldly priests, pious knights, deadly fencing masters, ruthless pirates, even wealthy bankers or intriguing royal bureaucrats. _Flashing Blades_ provides the rules for creating a wide range of distinctive characters.

The game includes a fast, fun tactical duelling system in which players choose their characters' fencing maneuvers, matching thrusts, slashes, parrys and ripostes each turn, as well as non-martial skills ranging from Oratory and Etiquette to Disguise and Seduction to Stealth and Acrobatics.

Please visit the "campaign wiki":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/le-ballet-de-l-acier for more information on _Le Ballet de l'Acier_ and the _Flashing Blades_ roleplaying game. Post your questions in this thread or shoot me a Private Message here on Obsidian Portal.

Are you ready to get your D'Artagnan or Milady on?

Comments

• Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    _Le Ballet_ is no longer being offered at Hobby Day as we're playing at a private home instead; if you're interested in joining us in the Pasadena area, please let me know.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    *like!

Le Ballet is one of my very favorite campaigns on Obsidian Portal! I wish I lived in the Pasadena area. Now, for additional reasons!
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    That's very kind of you, *Dr* - thank you for that. You would be a welcome addition to "_Le Ballet de l'Acier_":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/le-ballet-de-l-acier !