Question on Adventure Logs

Comments

• AidanDark
    AidanDark
    Hey ya'll! How do you do minimize an adventure log until someone clicks on it? My brain isn't working right now so I can't think of what the operation is called.
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    I'm interested in learning this, too.
  • Micah
    Micah
    I'm really not sure what you mean. Are you talking about having the main display just be a list of links, and then someone clicks on it and is taken to the actual post? Currently we have no such feature, although some have asked for a way to only show a snippet of each post and then have the link to read more.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Couldn't one currently "fake and bake" by simply creating new wiki pages inside an adventure log post?

Summary, summary, blah blah blah read more here (create a wiki link)

When I was typing up the table of contents for world settings in the Yggdraverse, I put that into the adventure log because I was afraid "Party Wiki" meant it was only visible to PCs just like "DM Wiki" was only visible to the DM. So I've got a lovely bunch of red links on that page right now.

Just a thought.
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    I think he means a snippet for the post.
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    I can't speak for AidanDark, but what I was thinking of was something along the lines of this-

*Log Post 22: Session Title*
    Mimi and Lucy and Jojo all went down the Sword Coast and cut a swath of destruction with a +2 sandwich. Meanwhile, dear old Madame Slap showed young Grak what it truly meant to be a man of... *(Read more)*

Only, the (Read More) is a link that opens up the rest of the adventure log. It effectively is just a space saver.
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    Thats exactly what he wants. (I'm his internet consultant :P)
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Ah...so the difference between what folks are asking for and my kludge is that the entirety of the post would remain on the adventure log, and what little you offered as a teaser wouldn't need to be copy/pasted onto a new wiki page. Now I understand better. Thanks. =)

Your remark about the +2 sandwich reminds me of a silly thread back when I played Asheron's Call. Someone asked for advice in building an "uber" sandwich while waiting for the patch to download, and so folks chimed in with advice on optimal "stat builds" - the ideal balance between Bread, Meat, Cheese, Vegetables, Sauces and Condiments. The one comment that really stays with me was "well, if you can't live without a high Vegetables score, then just drop Bread to 10 and play a salad".