Pie my Ride

RaseCidraen
RaseCidraen
edited October 2010 in General Archive
In honor of Top Gear, currently on BBC America, and the fact that I just purchased the car of my dreams (Well, #2, as I don't have 1 Million for a Deusenberg...)

What car do my fellow friends here drive? Something awe inspiring? A loved jalopy?

Dream Car: Any Deusenberg
Currently driving: Mini Cooper (HOORAY! My first car, and it's awesome! Not bad for someone who just got their license 2 weeks ago...)

Comments

• DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    I walk or ride my bike.

also,
    ...I've got a strong urge to fly. But I've got nowhere to fly to
    fly to
    fly to

(Sorry I couldn't resist, I saw Roger Waters perform The Wall last night and it was AMAZING!!)
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    I'm a transit rider, myself...when it's too far or annoying to walk. But I did love my 1979 Chrysler Cordoba that used ridiculously huge amounts of gas, and weighed more than any non-military vehicle has the right to weigh.

I'm not greedy about my dream car, either, as I just want a Jaguar that's in good shape from before Ford wrecked them. Something like an early 90's XJ6. Preferably Green over Tan leather. And a standard transmission so I don't get bored.
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    DarkMagus, I saw Waters in Chicago last week - AWESOME!
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Frank,

Glad to see there's some Floyd fans here. :)
  • Curufea
    Curufea
    Meh, not as good as Queen...
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I'd love to walk or ride a bike, but I can't get to work any other way :(
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Ford F150 with 198,000 miles on it. I am totally going to have a party of some sort when it rolls to 200k.
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    Pontiac G6. Very practical, very inexpensive. And you can fit a car seat in back.

Dream car would be a totally mint 1969 Chevy Camaro RS - blue with white rally stripes. It's a sharp ride.

Curufea - I'm a big Queen fan as well, but I don't think it's an apples-to-apples comparison. Now, if you said Freddie Mercury was a better front-man than Roger Waters, I would agree wholeheartedly.
  • Curufea
    Curufea
    FrankSirmarco - True. There always tends to be a problem when comparing things to unalike things. Happens in fandom all the time "this ship/character from this scifi show/comic/book" vs "this ship/character from this scifi show/comic/book" regardless of the fact that the authors/creators/settings/media/genre are completely different. But it occurs in art as well - this picture/that picture this band/that band. Which leads to people spending money to buy paintings in ludicrous amounts completely unrelated to the subjective worth of the painting, or the craft gone into its making.