SquidGirl Art, Stats, & Backstory Contest

2»

Comments

• Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I'm working on finding an Instrumental version of the Gilligan's island theme, but so far, no dice. If I find it, I'll throw something together for you. I won't post it until after 9 Eastern, so it won't be an entry in the contest. It will just be a gift from me to you. :)

Awesome lyrics, btw!
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Ok guys...

WOW

These are all great. It would be a shame if everyone who entered didn't win something. Tell you what, how about a last minute rules change? How about we make it so at the very least, everyone who entered gets atleast 1 free month Ascendant Membership?

Also, how about if we have a vote off where the community as a whole can vote for the best 6 entries to see who the grand prize winner is? And the 5 who aren't the grand prize winners can get 3 months of Ascendant Membership for free?

Hows that sound?
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    That sounds great!! Thanks. :) I was also blown away by the obviously huge effort that people put into their submissions. I had a lot of fun checking them out over the days. My only regret is that I have the Squidgirl song stuck in my head! j.k.
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    I'm looking forward to it Duskreign, and if nothing else, it's the thought that counts.

I think I'm okay with that plan, autumnschild. But I am curious to know who you all would've picked as well.
    Post edited by JonathonVolkmer on
  • preacher23
    preacher23
    I'm all for that. Being as an Ascendent member anyway and being the only GM in my group I pose this question. If someone is not a GM and cannot use the asecendency membership, can it be transferred to another person? Also, I would hope that more people than just the people who submitted the entries are the ones voting. :)
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Oh yeah, we'd have at least a few more people vote :)

Also, yes the Ascendant Memberships are transferable :)
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    So we're going to put up the voting link now. If you left an entry in here, send an email to [email protected] with the subject "I WON A FREE MONTH OF ASCENDANT MEMBERSHIP FROM SQUIDGIRL!". Don't forget to include your Obsidian Portal username in the body!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Volks, old buddy, I'm goose-eggs on the Gilligan's Island Instrumental Version hunt. I will attempt to look again tomorrow. For now? I need to decide who my votes will go to. Hint: I take bribes. Double-mega-hint: Pie is a great bribe.
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Hey, if anyone is going to be bribed with pie it's me.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Heh heh heh (as condescending as possible)

Autumnschild, Autumnschild, Autumnschild... I think I like pie-bribes a _little_ more than you.

(I just realized that the Pie-God has returned! DAMN YOU, RASE CIDRAEN AND YOUR BRIEF MENTIONINGS OF PIE DEITIES IN A THREAD OVER A MONTH AGO!)
  • Nyrehtak
    Nyrehtak
    Nevermind, my concerns were addressed. Thanks.
    Post edited by Nyrehtak on
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    Ah, no worries Dusk. Hope the pie hunt went well for you.
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Hey all,

I owe the good folks in this thread an apology. I'm sorry for screwing up the prize distribution. In the original blog post I said that our 5 winners would come from each category. And then I totally forgot that part of the contest when we came up with the plan for the community to vote for the top 6. I'm sorry. I don't want the folks who all put in a tremendous effort to think that we ignored them or their entries. They are wonderful, and I see it as a personal failure that we don't have one of each listed among the final 5.

It was a mistake on my part that came from being both over-eager and absent minded, and it won't happen again. I will see to it that we live by the letter of our rules for future contests, and I hope that that I haven't put anyone off of future participation.

Let me also restate that everyone who has entered the contest has won at least 1 free month of Ascendant Membership, so no one goes away without something to show for their efforts.

Thanks for your understanding,

Dan
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Aw, we love you, Dan!

:)
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    We have a winner! Congrats to Duskreign for your Grand Prize winning entry of The SquidGirl! We'll break down the voting in a future blog post. If you were a finalist, be sure to send a PM to Micah with the subject I WAS A SQUIDGIRL FINALIST AND I WON 3 MONTHS OF ASCENDANT MEMBERSHIP! And to include the user name of the account you want to get the membership.

Thanks and congrats all!
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Congrats Duskreign!
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    Well done Dusk!
  • Curufea
    Curufea
    Congrats!
    I expect to see you wearing a T-Shirt with your SquidGirl art on it :)
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Lol, better that than to hear me sing that stupid song again. :P