Linking to Adventure Log

Comments

• bluemagician
    bluemagician
    Hi,

is it possible to link to an adventure log article without using the complete url?
    When I try to use a link like [[log-article | part 1]], it doesn't display the link.

CU
    FLo
  • Micah
    Micah
    There is a "wiki page name" field for every adventure log post, which defaults to the post's title. This should be the name to use in the link. Note that it doesn't have to be "URL friendly" if that makes any sense.

So, if the name of the page is "My first post" then to link it, it would look like this:

[[My first post | part 1]]

Hope this helps.
  • bluemagician
    bluemagician
    Nope, doesn't, but thanks for taking the time. The wiki page name contains a dash "-" which seems to be part of the trouble. If I put it in like [[log - article | part 1]] it doesn't display a link at all. If I leave it out like [[log article | part 1]] it displays a link, but that leads me to a new page.
  • Micah
    Micah
    I'm curious now to see what's happening. Can you direct me to the specific page that will not link? With your permission I will use my admin powers to edit your wiki and see if I can't figure out what's going on.
  • bluemagician
    bluemagician
    Ok, here we go. "This Site":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/beschuetzer-throals/wiki/campaign-web/druistad has the links to the adventure log articles. The first five links are done with the complete links. Then comes a link (not showing) that uses just the wiki page name and contains a dash. Then comes a link "Druistad Teil 1" where I just left out the dash from the wiki page name. And this is "the site":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/beschuetzer-throals/adventure-log/druistad-teil-1 I want to link to (among others).

Thanks again for helping us out here.