The Now Listening Thread

Comments

• Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    It's always good to take a mental break if you've got loads of projects going on, I figured that out the hard way...

Also Fried dough is yummy and I want some now..
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign

not as good as PIE!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    i don't like pie.. unless it's a none baked fruit variety and then it's delicious..

Also Fried dough roll in cinnamon and sugar is all I can think about now.. damn
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    PIE GOD DISAPPROVES!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    i know.. Sorry.. baked fruit is just gross.. however the I will eat the pie crust from said fruit baked pies.. just not the fruit..
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    ...Fried Pie?
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    can you do that?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    ...you can deep-fry anything! I don't know if you *should*, but you can.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Fair point Rase, fair point..

Also Lying's the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off -Panic! at the disco...

i don't care if you call them emo I
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Banana Cream Pie

Chocolate Cream Pie

Coconut Custard Pie

None of these have baked fruit. All of them are win.\

I have had deep-fried pizza. It was just ridiculous.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    yeah all of those are delicious and I can actually make them all from scratch thank god for Food tech :D
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    make me one please?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    ...Darn. Now I want deep fried pizza. Curse not having lunch today at work. Curse it!!!!

Panic! is quite fun.

I've flash-fried a turkey before with no oil. 10 pound bird, cooked in 1 hour 30 min to doneness. ...also set a portion of my back yard on fire, but that's the price of accidentally building an oven that reaches 1k oF
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I'm sure I could.. the only problem is how will you get it? and hopefully I can remember the techniques.. but I'm rather good at baking in general.. soo
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    omg.. rase you're not allowed to cook anymore.. that's just dangerous.. o.O

also this deep fried pizza is sounding better and better the more it's brought up..
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    yeah, that sounds like something you should have... once
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    and then never again.. like the KFC double down..
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I didn't realize that I had inadvertently created an inferno hot enough to melt the aluminum supports until after the fact! It's not my fault!
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    that sounds kinda like fun rase, unless anyone got hurt.

and the double down was delicious, I just didn't know how to eat it :P
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    it was yummy and I had the same freaking issue, my mom convinced me to eat it but given that I can't eat much greasey food without getting ill I can't ever eat it again I think..

and alright Rase fair point... I concede all things considered I once set a pot of oil on fire.. and I still have no idea how I managed it.. granted I was like 10 but still

and Vanilla twilight- Owl City
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Don't worry! Noone got hurt! It was a spectacular display of thinking something 95% of the way through. It was also the most delicious turkey ever.

Step 1: Lash three wooden poles together into a pyramid.
    Step 2: Plant three tomato cages (wrapped with chicken wire, with an aluminum plate positioned half-way up the cage) on the "flat" sides of the pyramid.
    Step 3: Fill top half of the aluminum plate/chicken wire combo with charcoal
    Step 4: Suspend turkey from the tripod - take care to use wire, and not twine, as was first posited.
    Step 5: Place drippings pan under turkey
    Step 6: Wrap entire structure in aluminum foil, creating a furnace/oven, leaving a small gap (a few inches) at the bottom)
    Step 7: Ignite charcoal
    Step 8: Wait until turkey is done (For me, 1.5hours - coincidentally, the same time everything went to hell in a handcart)

I went wrong at Step 1 - I used wooden poles. Wood tends to, well, ignite. So I'm prepping other food, and all of a sudden I see flames kicking out of the top of the "tent". I get worried, and rush outside with a fire extinguisher. 30 seconds later, it collapses in on itself, with the aluminum foil falling inwards as the sticks drop down (having burned in half). I extinguished the extraneous flame (it was in a fire pit, but the pit had some grass in it from disuse), and retrieved the turkey from the hot aluminum foil (it had landed in the drippings pan).

Step 9: Serve and Enjoy!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Now I want turkey.. damn I should probably eat food...

And that does seem safe enough except for the wooden poles but you've learned you lesson about those apparently ^_^
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I think next time, I should go with wax. It may be safer.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    more sturdy too!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    +5 Environmentally friendly!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    A part of me wants to ask if you're being sarcastic.. maybe i should have waited on jumping into the forums until I was completely awake..
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    ...I'm half imagining the tripod slowly melting down into a giant, turkey scented candle.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Yeah that's what I pictured... I wonder how well a turkey scented candle would sell.. hmmm..
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Ocean Avenue- Yellowcard... i love music
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Potentially very well, depending on the season...