can't post jpg picture

tsutherburg
edited November 2007 in Bug Reports

Comments

• tsutherburg
    hello

everytime I try to update my account with a pic, it fails. Is there a specific format pics need to be in?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
    Tim
  • Micah
    Micah
    Send the pic to [email protected] and I'll take a look. The only thing I can think of is that the file size is too big. It should accept gif, png, and jpg at least.
  • Idless
    Idless
    I can upload jpg and png for other pages, but the maps section.

Everytime I try I get an error. I first tried with a 30kb png file then, since the page text says jpeg, I saved it in a new format, namely *.jpg* now a 10kb file, 253x253 pix. It failed and I tried renaming it to *.jpeg* to make sure it wasn't just the system that was picky. It still fails... also when I tried some hours later!

...Idless
  • ryan
    ryan
    I did some testing last night and I had problems with IE6 and IE7 on a Windows XP Machine. On my Mac and I didn't have a problem with Safari nor Firefox.

Can you give FireFox a try and see if that helps. *.jpg* is the correct format.

Ryan
  • ryan
    ryan
    I believe this issue resolved! Please upload your maps and let us know if there's any problems.

Ryan
  • drakemaw
    drakemaw
    I uploaded a .jpg about a week ago and I'm still getting the 'image being processed' message on the maps page. I'm using Windows XP and firefox 2.0.0.14. The image isn't actually square, but I wasn't worried about stretching and didn't feel like recropping it- not sure if that's related or not.
  • Micah
    Micah
    Thanks for the report. That means that something went wrong during the tiling process (where the map is split into pieces). I've deleted the offending maps.

Try uploading them again, but give about 10-15 minutes for the tiling to happen, and please only upload one at a time. It's actually a very intensive process that stresses the server pretty heavily.

If you have any more problems, send me an email at [email protected] We want to make sure the maps work well for our premium members.