There are so many people...

Embirsiphone
Embirsiphone
edited August 2010 in Player Lounge
Well I should probably start by saying I've been playing dnd since I was ten, so roughly 11 years. My uncle introduced me to it and I quickly became hooked into the world and adventures that let me use my imagination instead of staring mindlessly at a screen(not that I don't, I do love video games after all) After a few years my uncle began to teach my brothers and I how to DM starting with making us read all of the core basics and a few extra books, just to get the gist of things. He started us off as his assitant DM's and we went from there. I've actually been DMing since I was fourteen.. and as a DM i have one major weakness.. My love of creating new and fantastic magical items.. Which I'll post up soon.. :D

But I'm mostly interested in meeting other players of whatever games are out there, I mostly play DnD though I have played Vampires, Dark Matter(I think that's the name) and few others...

(I'm sorry if this spams.. but I noticed my original post said private so I think I had posted it up incorrectly.. >.> Forgive me I am after all new to this place..)

Comments

• JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I love that we're getting new people!

Welcome welcome!
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    I'm new here too. I was actually introduced to D&D by Embirsiphone, and I'm obsessed. She hates me though because I make these ridiculously complex characters (my favorite being Eve) and I have to go to great lengths to play correctly.

I'm mostly a PC gamer girl. I'm into Role Playing games mostly (go figure, all freaky girls are), but I play one first person shooter: Enemy Territories Quake Wars. I was part of the Wolf Pack gaming clan for 5 years (was the leader for one year) and joined the Hell Hounds (probably the most hardcore gaming clan ever) for a couple of years (my screen name was Silence).

I'm really looking forward to meeting new people and playing on a regular basis, because when one of your players is in Iraq...you go through withdrawals.

^^

((Thank you dear for posting this on FB, I spend more time on here than in Guild Wars and Dragon Age combined))
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Welcome Darling :D and thanks for piggy backing my introduction :P

and thanks for the welcome :D
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Hey, I'm just helping to bump ya ^^
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Indeed, welcome to both of you!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Thanks :D I have a feeling this place is going to be awesome :D
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    You are correct Embir, this place IS awesome! I have to second Jim's joy over getting new people. The old people are great, and very helpful, but new people are always fun! So again I say welcome!

Oh, and Silence, if you like complicated characters, check out one of the characters my players made (sorry, the bio is pretty long): "Ember":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/melekar/characters/ember
    If by complicated you meant rules-wise, and not crazy-in-the-head-hard-to-roleplay-wise, then never mind about Ember, but I'm with you there, my characters generally have no less than four classes by the time they level up most of the way :).
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Yeah, screw us old people. New people ftw.

Gaaran, do you subscribe to the Red Mage school of thought regarding character building and development? Because that last sentence sounds a lot like Red Mage to me.
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Wow...but I think I got ya beat. Meet "Eve":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/clan-nevermore/characters/eve

She is actually a character from a series that I am writing, so her bio is technically much longer. That, and I had to change it for the campaign...but yeah lol

I love your character! Everything about Ember is on an epic level for me! ^^
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Dusk, I don't exactly subscribe to the Red Mage school of thought, I don't try to be decent at everything, but not awesome at anything (could also be called bard :P). I look at it more as taking the parts of classes that most enhance a particular feature or features, and being exceptionally awesome at that thing.

And Silence, that DOES sound like a pretty epic character. And thanks! I'll tell CrankyPelican (who doesn't use the forums) you liked it :).
  • Silence_Eve
    Silence_Eve
    Yay ^^

I'm so happy on here =D
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Who the hell is nblack616, and how in the world did he manage to give Ember 2 1/2 stars?!
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    You know Dusk, I often wondered the same thing, since it looks like he was the first one to vote. I don't know, and you'd think if he was a troll, it would be a 1-star. Not to toot my player's horn, but I'm hard pressed to see Ember being a 2 1/2 star character :P.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    How do you vote in .5 increments at all? I did not think it possible. Also, yeah. That score is bull$#!t.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Detailed characters are the best of all, the more back history the better it is for everyone, it makes campaigns WAY more fun..

I can't wait to post up my characters.. I'm hoping they're well recieved...

I have to agree and two-star character she is not and I merely skimmed it.. o.O
  • Burrito
    Burrito
    New, I am. This site is awsome, first off, second, this so far is a great help when it comes to my campaign.
    Hey, guys, sorry for the quip. I just thought that it is awsome that others are so into their games to talk to each other like this.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    haha, welcome Burrito! another new face, they seem to be coming out of the woodwork :P.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Yes, Burrito. Welcome to Obsidian Portal!
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I blame the ENnies win. It's a good thing.

I just typed that and my inner monologue sounded like Martha Stewart. Gonna go bleach my brain now.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I'll help!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    I can't think of martha stewart without thinking about southpark now >.>

And yeah Welcome! I've just arrived to this place as well and I have to say it's pretty awesome!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Awesome is an understatement. Welcome aboard! You have to be careful on the forums, though: One wrong word, and if one of us hasn't been taking our dried frog pills, shenanigans will invariably ensue. *Eyes Duskreign nervously*
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    You should be far more worried about me and Silence Rase
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I have plenty of worry to go around, when shenanigans are concerned!
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    shenanigans are fun :D As long as they're happy shenanigans
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I don't think shenanigans can be unhappy. Anything that isn't happy, isn't a shenanigan. ...although, I suppose, you could have sinister, or serious, shenanigans, but they'd be still fairly benign.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Why it gotta be female? Where all da HEnanigans at?

The concept of serious shenanigans makes me happy somehow.
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    It does, Serious shenanigans are probably the best kind

Because females are awesomely fun :D
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Henanigans just... I don't know... looks wierd. I don't know what to make of that.

Cue action movie sequence: A pair of Irish cops walk into the district police house - the denizens within are all dead/seriously wounded.

_Cop 1_: *Howls of rage, while dropping onto his knees, shaking his fists in fury*
    _Cop 2_: *Loads gun* These Shenanigans just got serious...

_Cut to title sequence_: *Deep Booming Announcer Voice* What would you do if everything you knew turned out to be a lie? What would you do if things got completely _out of control_? What would you do if you had no other choice? What would you do...(Voice trails off)

_Amazingly awesome title screen explodes onto the screen_: Shenanigans II: Serious Shenanigans (Alt Title: Shamus Shenanigan Strikes Back)
    Post edited by RaseCidraen on
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Embir, I cannot argue with that.

Rase, tag line: All right, show's over, nothing to see here, move along.