How to Put a Tagged group in a Wiki Page

Phaestus
Phaestus
edited August 2010 in Campaign Portal Building
Basically, like the category pages in a an actual wiki, you know?

Like, I want to like to all of my PC's. I have a PC tag. I want to be able to just link to the page that I would get to by clicking on the tag. Do I have to use HTML for that?

Comments

• JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Try this somewhere:

tag all the PCs as normal, then click the tag on the list. copy that URL, then type

"DESIREDLINKNAME":http://restofurlhere

That will give you the light blue "external" link. There's a way to color that but I don't remember how.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    That also works here on the forum, by the way.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Or did you mean pulling the tags real time into a wiki page, like a self updating thing? Don't think there's a way to do that yet. You'd have to manually update.

T-T-T-Triple Post!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Jim is three times the helpful!
  • Phaestus
    Phaestus
    Hehe.

Is there a reason that the DESIREDLINKNAME thing is preferable to an HTML link?
  • Phaestus
    Phaestus
    Oh, crap. I see what you mean now.

Yeah, I meant like a self-updating thing. That makes me a little sad.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Well, depending on how fast you swap in and out PCs it might be worth it to make your own and update it, I mean, the character tab kinda does what your asking to a point, but it shows the NPCs too unless they're marked GM only.
  • Phaestus
    Phaestus
    Yeah.

Well, I just clicked on the tag, copied the URL and used an HTML tag to link to it.

I wanted something that separated the NPC's from the PC's. Plus, not all of the NPC's are on our character tab. Just the ones that make regular appearances. Doesn't necessarily make them less important though, you know? And I'm not always good at remembering to update things. It's better that it does it itself.

It seems like every wiki is just a little different. And this is a whole new thing for me.

You guys are really helpful.
    Post edited by Phaestus on
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Well, we've gotten (or rather, before I speak for everybody -- *I've* gotten) a lot out of Obsidian Portal, and I think it's helpful to the OP team to help others get as good of an experience as I have. It's our way of saying thanks to them.

Also some jazz about nerd solidarity and whatnot.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Nerd Power! (That sounds...odd).