Yet another Rise of the Runelords campaign...

ketherian
ketherian
edited July 2010 in General Archive
Hi all.

I've noticed that there's a lot of Rise of the Runelord campaigns on Obsidian portal. Personally - I think that's great.
But I was wondering if any GM that runs such a campaign would like to set up a sort-of web ring. Effectively, I'll add a link on my wiki page (other Runelord campaigns) to your site, if you'll do the same.

I visit other ROTRL campaign pages to see how things are going; what the GMs have changed or specifically detailed for their campaigns. Sometimes I borrow (pointing people to the author's site), sometimes I modify (citing the originator), and sometimes I do both. It's fun and, in the long run, can really cut down on my workload.

Looking forward to replies (and hoping to hear more than crickets).

Comments

• Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I don't run a RotRL campaign, but I think this is a great idea. The same thing is accomplished by going to the Campaigns button and simply choosing a specific gaming system, but in this way, you are able to be more exclusive, build a small network of other games within the Portal.

Oh, and CRICKETS! RUN!

I fear crickets because they murdered my parents and are stalking me across the blasted post-nuclear wastelands. Or was that a Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie I watched recently? /shrug

If you need help setting up the graphics for the webring banner on your site, if and when you get that far, let me know. I would be more than happy to help.

- Duskreign
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    I am not one of the many running an ROTRL campaign, but I think this is an excellent idea. I actually had in mind a similar idea for setting up a network at the OP for Darkmoon Vale campaigns, but sigh, there just aren't that many of them around (and those sites that I could find had been inactive for some time). All just to say, I wish you luck in this, I think it is a great idea.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • ketherian
    ketherian
    Thanks Dusk reign,
    I appreciate the offer. For now, I think I'll just work on adding links to a static page.

Thanks arsheesh. I'm sorry to hear that you don't think this idea would work for you.
  • ketherian
    ketherian
    So, a year ago I started this thread.
    Since then I've not really done much looking, but here's what I found: "Other ROTRL campaigns":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/rotrllegacy/wikis/other-rotrl-campaigns

If you spot any errors, omissions, etc - please let me know.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Hi Ketherian

Nice idea of yours to form a cadre of ROTRL campaigns. I don't play it but I thought your listings sections (link in last thread) was pretty comprehensive and informative. Good work!

twiggyleaf
    "Shimring - The Faces of Divinity":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shimring
    (a multiplanar 3.5 D&D campaign)

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• ketherian
    ketherian
    Hi twiggyleaf.

Thank you.
    I find it very interesting that, with one notable exception, most of the ROTRL campaigns I've visited (that are active) haven't chimed in here. I don't know if that means they don't read the forums, or what.