Hello all

cmdrchristof
cmdrchristof
edited July 2010 in Player Lounge
Hi I'm a GM who recently moved countries so am trying out new ways to run games. I'm trying out Skype with my old group running the big campaign I always promised them, I have a lot of info in my head that I wouldn't normally write down, but I'm going to try and put as much down for my group as I can, then have them do the rest *muwhahahaha* .
I really like the idea behind Obsidian portal so I'm hoping those I play with do too. Anyway I'm sure I'll bug the community with lots of questions over the coming weeks :)

CC

Comments

• successwarrior
    successwarrior
    Welcome Commander. I'm fairly new to OP but I have to say that I really love what it's allowed me to do for my game and it's great to have the players help out.
  • sandman
    sandman
    Welcome cmdrchristof! Once you pass the learning curve you'll find it's easy to download all the info you've got in your head to your site.

Some suggestions:
    * you'll probably find this helpful, it's full of tips: "Help & Tips FAQ":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1114&page=1#Item_1
    * here you have some useful recommendations some people gave to other user recently: "Link":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1434&page=1#Item_1

Feel free to ask anything you need in the forums, people are always eager to help.

Cheers,

SANDMAN
    Post edited by sandman on
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I have some experience running a game with players using Skype and Oovoo (I prefer the latter for a number of reasons). Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

- Duskreign.
  • kenurion
    kenurion
    Some of us are running Play-by-Post on Obsidian Portal.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/compendium-of-pbp-campaigns
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    Welcome cmdrchristof (only 2 days behind everyone else)! It looks like sandman's got the helpful links thing locked down, so I'm mostly just here to say "good luck!" What country are you from originally, if you don't mind my asking? And to where have you relocated?

-Jonathon
  • cmdrchristof
    cmdrchristof
    I'm originally from the UK. I'm beginning to get the campaign thing sorted, bit by bit. It's fun and I'm no using slave labour in the form of GM rewards for players MUWHAHAHAHA *cough*
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    LOL

Sounds to me like you are transitioning nicely, CmdrChristof.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    I would like to add my welcome into the mix. So, Welcome! I've you're looking to run long distance games, MapTools and d20 Pro are both good networking game table programs. If you haven't checked them out already, I suggest you take a gander. I use maptools, and while I don't run a game online, it's great using a TV for the battle mat. Nothing ever gets knocked over :). They both have a bit of a learning curve (although I haven't used d20 pro too much) but you can really do a lot with them. Just give them a google, you won't be disappointed!
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    I'm a bit late to the welcome wagon as well, but better late than never. Welcome cmdrchristof!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Hey hey, I miss the boat, darned real life keeps interfering.
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Yeah, he's got some pretty sweet Jedi moves alright!
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    Hi. You've pretty much met everybody. Enjoy the site!