Allo!(looking to game)

Hinhan
Hinhan
edited July 2010 in Player Lounge
Hi everyone. I'm new to the Obsidian Portal. I literally was just told about it by a friend & I adore the idea! I'm 23, & if a game is in my area, even better. Otherwise, I'm fine with trying this playing online (if that's what OP is also for?).
I've played D&D 3E & 3.5 since they each came out.
I tried 4E a couple of times & it is definitely 200% not my thing!!
What I love is **Pathfinder**. I've been wanting to try GURPS, Star Wars, Exalted, RuneQuest (& really anything that isn't 4E) as well. I'm open & willing to learn a new system & see if it's something I like. That said, I love characterization & roleplaying too. Rich settings, with chances to play characters, not just warriors.
I tend to play druids, sorcerers, & witches. But I've played most of the other classes. We all have our favorites haha.
I come here mainly looking for a Pathfinder campaign that would like a player.
I'm happy to come to OP. Who knows what I'll find?

Comments

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Hey welcome to the portal Hinhana! Yeah I'm a real fan of Pathfinder as well, and not all that hot for 4e, but hey, to each his own. Looks like you live quite a ways a way from SoCal (where I live), so unfortunately I can't extend you an invitation to either of my campaigns, but here's a tip for you. If you go to the "Maps" tab of the Portal's homepage and then select the box labeled "Looking for Players Only," a whole list of OP campaigns seeking players in your area will pop up. From there you can try to contact the DM's of any campaigns you really like to see if you can join. Happy hunting!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • sandman
    sandman
    Welcome Hinhana!

As Arsheesh suggested, you should visit the "Maps" tab to look for open games that are looking for players. Hope you find one soon.
  • Hinhan
    Hinhan
    Thank you both very much!~
  • successwarrior
    successwarrior
    Hello Hinhana,

I'm currently looking for a couple of players for my PbP that's played here on OP. Check out http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/benders and contact me if you're interested. You can look at the adventure log to get an idea of what's been happening. Pack a lunch if you want to catch up with the entire game.

Welcome to OP!
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Well, I have no more suggestions than the others already mentioned, but allow me to extend to you a welcome to the forums as well! This is perhaps the friendliest forum I've seen on the internet, and if you are in need of questions, we've got answers (or something like that... ;).
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Welcome!
  • Hinhan
    Hinhan
    Thank you all so much! I can tell it's quite a helpful & friendly place.
    I do play in a wonderful Pathfinder world/campaign in my area (at the table), but only just begun a month ago, so it's sporadic.
    Successwarrior, I did look at your campaign page & I really love it. Especially the character of CB you described. I'm experienced in text/turn-taking RP, but never with a game system applied haha. I'd love to take part though & learn. The character sounds great.
    Merci encore~
  • DeadlandsDan
    DeadlandsDan
    Good Evening Hinhana,

I am running a Wheel of Time 3e game if you are interested. The game is going to be played online using the tools at rptools.net and ventrilo (a VOiP program). If you are interested feel free to visit the game page at http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wot/ or send me a PM.

-Dan