[Request] "Format comments as" for campaign comments

sandman
sandman
edited July 2010 in Feature Requests
I would like to suggest having the option to post comments (both in the Adventure Log and the Comments sections of a campaign) as we do here in the forums, the "Format comments as" option (as Text or Textile that is).

The reason for this request is that I've noticed that most of my players don't want (or can't) spend too much time getting past the learning curve for Textile, and for me (the DM and the one who uploads most of the info in my campaign) that's fine, but here's the problem. Take a look at this comment: "Vuelta a KotS":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/cronicas/adventure-log/heroic-1-parte-09#comments (it's in spanish but don't worry about what it says, what I want you to see is what happens when people who can't use Textile post single line breaks without the "br" tag). That looks awful! And it's difficult to read too. For this player (and a few more of mine) having the option to post their comments simply as Text would be REALLY useful.

As for "how can this request be implemented?" I think it wouldn't be too much trouble to just add the same "click option" at the bottom of the comment (before submiting it), like we have here in the forums. (Another option could be adding a new icon next to the "*Bold*" "_Italic_" "-Stroke through-" icons, that allows to submit the written text, or part of it maybe, just as Text instead of Textile).

What do you guys think? Is anyone with me on this one?

And what about the options to implement it? Would you prefer the "Format comments as" option? Or something like a new "Text Only" icon next to the ones we already have above the text field?

Comments

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    So far this hasn't been a problem with my players, but I can definitely see how it would be a problem for other campaigns where the players tend to leave lengthy comments. That said, I think your suggestion to add a "Text" formatting option makes allot of sense Sandman. I second the motion.
  • Nagryph
    Nagryph
    I have the same issue. I really hope they add this when they re-vamp the site.
  • weasel0
    weasel0
    Does this help? Remember, these arn't set in stone and may change but are official. The word processor style of editing you're refering to is the "natural editing."

"A good list, but please include timelines, also from the KS main page:

Original goal, names, and maps is slated for August 2013
    File storage – September 2013
    Custom URLs – October 2013
    Natural Editing (WYSIWYG) – December 2013"

"The Masters of Hack":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/