Greetings from Wisconsin

spliskamatyshak
spliskamatyshak
edited November 2007 in Player Lounge

Comments

• spliskamatyshak
    spliskamatyshak
    Hi all,

I've been playing D&D for over 30 years and have been a DM since the release of 1st Edition AD&D. I have a world that has been in development all that time and would love to share it with you.

I don't want to duplicate all my efforts into this portal, so if you would like to visit "Almebezbik":http://webpages.charter.net/almebezbik/AlmebezbikWiki.html, please do.

I will post ongoing current campaign logs and characters here if I can get my current group to join as well.

Later,

Steve P-M
  • Micah
    Micah
    As much as it pains me to say it, if you've got a huge amount of background content in wiki style, posting it here probably isn't the best idea. Our wiki is very basic and doesn't have a lot of the features of more advanced ones. So, I think you have a good idea to keep it where it is. It will make it harder to link to things, but not impossible.

Besides, IMO, the campaign blogs and character tracking are the coolest part of this site. That's what people want to read (I think...). So, we all look forward to reading about crazy adventures in Almebezbik.

Also, consider adding a link from your external wiki back to your campaign page here. There are several banners you can use, just click the "Snazzy Banners" sidebar link from your main campaign page (ie. adventer log)

Welcome!
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    bq. Besides, IMO, the campaign blogs and character tracking are the coolest part of this site. That’s what people want to read (I think…). So, we all look forward to reading about crazy adventures in Almebezbik.

I would argue that the fact that you have a campaign blog, a character tracker, AND an easy to use mini-wiki that all work seamlessly together is the coolest part of the site, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, welcome to the site. It's understandable that you are hesitant to duplicate all your work here. I started my campaign site here after my campaign had been eight months underway, and while I have started to make a headway, I still have a ton of work left to do. I can't imagine how irritating I would find it to have to do all that work over again. But still, even if you don't use the wiki materials, there is a lot here for you, so I hope you enjoy yourself.