Hoping to get started

DarenVanir
DarenVanir
edited June 2010 in Player Lounge
Hey, I just started playing D&D 3.5e and was hoping to play some games on here. I'm hoping to find a campaign with a good DM who's nice to new guys, but still has a serious game style. I don't like outside game talk much except when it has to do with asking about the game (since I don't know much yet). Is there anyone out there willing to help me? I hope so.

Comments

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Well howdy Daren! OK, so I'm not looking for players myself, but I thought I'd lend some advice. First, it's helpful to let people know what region your from. Many, perhaps most, of the campaigns on the Portal are not "online" campaigns. So if you tell what region your from, you can narrow your target to campaigns in your area. Second, the portal has created a way for you to go fishing for OP campaigns on your own. If you click on the "Map" tab of the Obsidian Portal home page it will list all the OP campaigns in your area (assuming you've uploaded your own address in your bio). If you then check the "Looking for players only" box, you can narrow your search to only those campaigns currently looking for players. Well hope that helps, and happy hunting.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • DarenVanir
    DarenVanir
    Thanks a ton! I'll get right on that.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Hi Daren
    Welcome to OP. My game is not online and I am based in Glasgow, Scotland, which I'll wager is somewhere you are nowhere near, but I wanted to say that, as you are new to D&D 3.5, as you are going along, if you want to ask any advice or discuss anything feel free to send me a message.

twiggyleaf

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member