Topic Reply Notifications

DireHammer
DireHammer
edited June 2010 in General Archive
Is there any way to NOT send an email to the entire party every time there is a reply in a group's forum? I run a pbp from my page and my players are annoyed by the mass of emails they now receive. Checking who to send the notifications to worked great, but that feature seems to be non-functional now. Why in the world was it changed?

Comments

• Hardhead
    Hardhead
    Tell them to log in and go to My Settings and they can turn it off there.
  • DireHammer
    DireHammer
    But then they can never receive responses. It seems like this change serious reduced the utility of the forums for the sake of saving lazy people literally a few seconds of effort to select the people they want to receive the message. It's a big step backwards.
  • Hardhead
    Hardhead
    Ohhh, yeah, that is a major bug. I didn't realize turning off the "pull" of notifications also turned off the "push" functionality. I'd send an email to support if I were you. It's actually read by a real person, and the one time I sent one off, I got something back pretty quickly.
    Post edited by Hardhead on
  • Hardhead
    Hardhead
    I want to add something here. It'd be nice if those settings were _per campaing_. For instance, I want to get updates for every sigle wiki update my players do in my campaign, so I turn it on. But, I *don't* want to get every single update my DM does for the campaign I play in. I can't have it both ways right now, though.