Dreams

BrokenClock
BrokenClock
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
I saw another user's video, I believe it was an intro video, and I got inspired. I decided to make dream videos to play for each of the characters.

I was having a lot of difficulty finding a reason for all the character's to come together and then I realized I could just make quick little dream videos to give them each their own unique quest and a little bit of foreshadowing.

I highly recommend making some for your players as it makes them feel more immersed in their characters and special because you've dedicated some of your time just for them and I think that's important, because in a team of five adventurers, people get the sense that they as individuals are not that important.

The whole processs took 15 minutes and a little knowledge (and I mean a little) of Windows Movie Maker, which I believe comes with all Windows.

Just a suggestion.

"Example":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/govaga/adventure-log

Comments

• gaaran
    gaaran
    Hey Clock, glad to see someone else creating a video(s) for their page. I agree it's a pretty good way to immerse the characters. I've only made the one so far, but the dream sequences is a great idea. However, on the link, it's either the wrong link, or I'm unable to load an embedded video on there, cause i don't see a video. Just an fyi.
  • BrokenClock
    BrokenClock
    Haha! Oops!

I had the entire thing locked as GM only.

I would be curious what other things people have used video for in their posts.
    Post edited by BrokenClock on
  • Hardhead
    Hardhead
    I haven't, but that's a cool idea. And the videos are nice too! Good job!
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Hey just actually watched the videos. Nice job! I like the choice of music too!
  • sandman
    sandman
    I just saw this thread, and I find your idea really interesting BrokenClock. I may do the same for my characters in the future (when I have the time and when I learn how to use Windows Movie Maker.. never used it, but I think I can handle it).
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I am intrigued! I may want to adapt this idea to create Force Visions for the PCs in my Star Wars campaign. I was already thinking of making a "The Story So Far" video using a similar slideshow-style effect, but the dream angle is just genius!

Also, I think your campaign site is beautiful, and I rated it accordingly.
  • BrokenClock
    BrokenClock
    Windows Movie Maker is beyond simple. You will not have any trouble.

Dusk: Thank you.
    Post edited by BrokenClock on