"Tuesdays with Nicole"-What do YOU want to see?

calabacita
calabacita
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Hello Everyone!

It's been a whole 2 months since "Tuesdays with Nicole" began and I've had the pleasure of making friends, reading some awesome character/item/campaign stories and of course, drawing some nifty things from users' campaigns. For this next round, I would really like to know what YOU want to see from these videos. Have I left anything out about my process that you'd like to know? Do you want more color? What questions do you have? I want to make something for OP users with help from OP users :) So please, share your suggestions!

I'm also open to the idea of creating more videos (and featuring them on my blog: www.ihasapencil.blogspot.com) in my free time about creating art assets for gaming such as tutorials for creating your own dungeon tiles, counters or anything else you can think of. I would love to hear your requests/suggestions for this idea too!

Thanks!

Comments

• BrokenClock
    BrokenClock
    What a wonderfully creative way to do freelance. You approach makes me want to take back my soul from the Devil and start doing freelance design and writing work again.

I hope you reach your goal, Nicole.

Good luck!
    Post edited by BrokenClock on
  • calabacita
    calabacita
    BrokenClock: Well truthfully, freelance wasn't my first option. I once wanted to design awesome 3D environments for video games; but with my meager 3D skills and a lack of those types of entry level jobs, I pursued illustration. Not always the case, but for me I found that I enjoyed illustration more; and there are so many options for freelancing! I mean all the social media sites for businesses are taking off: you can be a video blogger, twitter template designer, write reviews and tons of other creative jobs that don't have proper titles yet!

I hope you can get the chance to do freelancing again. Most freelance jobs I've found can be pretty flexible for existing schedules, especially if some of your time is occupied by fighting of a Devil ;) And thanks, it will take me a few years, but I hope to reach my goal. It's all in the baby steps.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I think your work is great, and I've already suggested asked what I'd like to see you do so I'll shut up now so I don't sound too much like a broken record.
  • calabacita
    calabacita
    Oh Jim, I've already done plenty of brainstorming about how that Santa Rescue in the Mall will look :). I guess since I'm here and I know I'll be drawing that scene next month, do you have a page for it already that you could link me?
  • VentureSix
    VentureSix
    Just watched the series so far - great stuff and keep up the great work! :)
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Hmmm, just the adventure log really, I could try to go into a bit more detail if you wish, but feel free to go nuts.

"What is this, I don't even --":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/intothebreach/adventure-log/what-is-this-i-dont-even
  • calabacita
    calabacita
    VentureSix: Thanks and glad to hear you like the series :) There's more to come!

Jim: Sounds like the situation occurred because of a whole bunch of miscommunication between the characters :) I'm assuming the "subdued by dwarves dressed in elf costumes" part is further in the adventure log? Oh, I can't wait! There will be Christmas music!
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    No, most of them wanted to forget it so I took pity on them. (Silly of me I know) I shall expand it now.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    And updated a bit (from memory, I don't have my notes here at work.

I'm like school girl giddy to see your take on it.

;)
  • calabacita
    calabacita
    Hahaha, I'm glad you and I are excited, though I can't vouch for your players. Now that silly encounter they've tried so hard to forget will be immortalized through my sketch. Muahahahaha!
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    You know, normally when somebody types "LMAO" they just mean they find something pretty darn amusing, but in this case I am actually making a spectacle of myself at work. :D
    Post edited by JimTriche on