Resizing Banner Image?

AwesomeBrainPowers
AwesomeBrainPowers
edited March 2010 in Campaign Portal Building
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I looked around and couldn't find anything.

But default, banner images are set to 750

Comments

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    I'm not sure how to do this using html or textile alone, but you could always use a graphics program such as Photoshop or my personal favorite, GIMP (it's free to download) to crop the image to your preferred specs and then re-size the canvas and add a plain white background layer sized at 750x300. After that, you would simply "flatten" (or compress) the original cropped image onto the white background, save as a jpg and then upload the resulting image. If you've never worked with graphics programs such as GIMP before, there are tons of great basic tutorials floating around on the web (youtube's got lots of them). But if you want to try this route and need specific instructions, I'd be happy to walk you through the steps.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh
  • sandman
    sandman
    I agree with arsheesh, I think the best way to keep the image 700x300 is just pasting it in a white background that's 750x300.
  • AwesomeBrainPowers
    AwesomeBrainPowers
    Thanks guys.

I was trying some variation of that solution, with what I thought was no success, until I realized that I'm actually pretty dumb and was sizing the background layer incorrectly. D'oh. Thanks for the input. You wouldn't _also_ happen to know a way for me not to stupidly overlook simple mistakes, would you? =P
  • vstraydogstrutv
    vstraydogstrutv
    Start drinking! That way you have an excuse ;)
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    He, he, no worries, I know I've had my fair share of "D'oh" moments as well. Just don't let it happen again or else we'll have to start calling you "Loathsomebrainpowers" ;)