ADDED - Campaign Subscription/Favorite Campaigns

photoneater
photoneater
edited November 2007 in Feature Requests

Comments

• photoneater
    photoneater
    Something I would like to see is a way to subscribe to campaigns, in a fashion. You can add a user to your friends list, and all the campaigns you are a part of are listed in your profile. You also have a list that tracks all the characters you are running- so why not the ability to "favorite" a campaign?

There are a lot of neat campaigns, and while I'm not so lazy as to avoid following them by searching them up, it would be nice to have a list of campaigns I've marked as "favorites" in my account info to browse through. That way, when I log on, I can just go down the list and catch up on all my favorites as well as my own.

Anyone else on board for an idea like this? And is it even possible?
  • Micah
    Micah
    I've been thinking about this for a while. It shouldn't be too hard to implement, it's just a matter of when I can get to it.

For now, I would suggest subscribing to the RSS feeds of the campaigns that you like. There are lots of RSS readers, like Google Reader or MyYahoo! Some e-mail programs can also do it (like Thunderbird).

Just go to the adventure log of the campaign you want to follow, and click on the little orange icon to the right( this guy: !http://www.obsidianportal.com/images/icons/feed-icon-28x28.png! ). That's the URL for the RSS feed.
  • AidanDark
    AidanDark
    Just seconding this request, it is hard to keep up with updates on other campaigns without digging through to find them sometimes :)
  • Micah
    Micah
    Added it just now! Ask and ye shall receive!
  • Charsen
    Charsen
    Awesome, I love it! Thanks! :D
  • DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    That's a terrific feature! But is there a way to see a list of fans for each campaign?
  • Micah
    Micah
    The list of fans is on the todo list.

Also, would it be better if the profile list were ordered by last update time? This would push the most recently updated ones to the top. Currently, they're ordered by when they were added as favorites, and it doesn't seem that useful to me.
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    bq. Also, would it be better if the profile list were ordered by last update time? This would push the most recently updated ones to the top. Currently, they’re ordered by when they were added as favorites, and it doesn’t seem that useful to me.

I think it would be a good deal more functional that way.
  • Micah
    Micah
    Now they're ordered by last update time. Much more useful IMHO
  • Charsen
    Charsen
    Excellent! That's exactly what I was hoping for. :D
  • DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    Another suggestion: Could we get a "Campaigns with the most fans" section added to the front page?
  • MythicParty
    MythicParty
    add me to the 'would like to see a list of fans' pile. we rather unexpectedly got a fan and I want to thank them.