Greetings from the creator of Cen'Ureth

Anubitz
Anubitz
edited February 2010 in Player Lounge
Hello. I am pleased to introduce myself to the greater community here at OP. My internet nom de guerre is Anubitz, and I have been roleplaying for fifteen years. I have been working on my fantasy setting - Cen'Ureth - for almost sixteen years. For the first years of my life I read primarily Science Fiction, and was not exposed to the broader fantasy genre. But around my fourteenth year I read my first fantasy novel, and it opened my eyes to what became a life defining pursuit. I have read hundreds of novels since then, in many genres, learning quite a bit about the author's craft. Now I love to read history books, because they tell me the why behind events.

Cen'Ureth is a fantasy world, yes, but it is a world that follows logical rules. Magic does not fundamentally violate the laws of physics (in the Omniverse that Cen'Ureth exists within), even when it appears to do so. Beings act for a reason, not because "they are evil." The Gods worked within the pre-existing laws of reality to create the world, because it doesn't make sense to spend huge amounts of (magical) energy when one doesn't have to do so. But, sometimes the Gods did do so. And those times were all the more special for their rarity.

The races that live on Cen'Ureth followed a pattern of social development roughly similar to that of earth humans. But they had the technology of Magic to aid their cultural evolution as well. So, expect some differences, great and minor, from "ordinary" fantasy settings. The history of the primary civilization of the campaign world does not descend from Greco-Roman roots, and is not necessarily Pseudo-Medieval. Parts will be identifiable and comfortable, others will be strange and alien, but logical from the perspective of the setting.

I am not yet ready to present Cen'Ureth as a completed setting. It is a work in progress, and I do not have enough ported to Obsidian Portal to run a campaign. I hope to finish my initial design of the wiki soon, and invite all and sundry to discover the mysteries and wonders of Cen'Ureth.

Anubitz

Comments

• Bahne
    Bahne
    sixteen years of work on a setting, sounds impressive im quite interessted in reading about this setting :)