New to OP, and Help!!

Anubitz
Anubitz
edited February 2010 in Campaign Portal Building
Hello, I am new to Obsidian Portal.

I am beginning to organize my campaign, one I have worked on for over 15 years. I have some design elements for the wiki in mind, but I have no idea how to execute them. I discovered the wonderful tutorial for parchment paper, and I am planning on using it for the vast majority of my wiki. But I have a few other questions.

How can I turn my site background black, and set all the body text to default to white?

How can I change the graphical page header?

Is there any way to use a picture with a transparent base layer? For example, I have a few signatures from important characters in my game (as well as my own signature) that I wish to put on the bottom of certain pages. Transparent base layers would mean that I wouldn't have to make a new image for every different background.

Is there a list of restricted HTML codes? Or, perhaps, a list of usable HTML codes?

Finally, I have a wiki link to [[Khevda, God of All Knowledge (second brackets omitted) and it doesn't act normally. Is this because of the comma? If so, is there a way to fix it but still include the comma?

I will certainly have many more questions, but these are the first and most immediately pressing.

Anubitz

Comments

• gnunn
    gnunn
    "How can I turn my site background black, and set all the body text to default to white?"

Unfortunately, there is no customizable CSS at the moment, so you will have to hand code this into each page

enclose your entire page in tags like so:

"Page content goes here"

"Is there any way to use a picture with a transparent base layer?"

Absolutely... usually creating your picture as a png file will ensure that its transparency is preserved.

"Finally, I have a wiki link to [[Khevda, God of All Knowledge (second brackets omitted) and it doesn't act normally. Is this because of the comma? If so, is there a way to fix it but still include the comma?"

Yes, most likely... To preserve the comma, it's probably easiest to format your slug as follows:

[[Khevda God of All Knowledge| Khevda, God of All Knowledge]] Any text after the "|" is what appears as the finished link text.
  • Anubitz
    Anubitz
    Thank you.

Anubitz
    Post edited by Anubitz on