Hello :x

KoMiyavi
KoMiyavi
edited February 2010 in Player Lounge
I figured that since I'd be here for awhile, I'd introduce myself. I've done tabletop gaming before, but not as aG/DMing one. So I'm hoping this site will help me make a good first one. Wish me luck in my first creations, ok? Maybe I'll learn a lot more than I figured from you guys? LOL Thanks m(_ _)m

Comments

• Dethstryke
    Dethstryke
    Welcome to the Obsidian Portal and to your first turn "behind the screen". :)

Best advice I can provide is on the intro videos already - don't overdue it. Just put up the basics to get your game started; it's very easy to get overwhelmed with trying to get everything to look perfect and be complete. It will come in time, and with a little luck you'll have your entire game helping you as it goes on.

There are a lot of really good tips and tricks in the forums; I highly suggest using the search (located on the tab at the top of the page) to help you find answers, but if you have a new one don't hesitate to post 'em!

Good luck!
  • Bahne
    Bahne
    ahhh the babysteps of gamemastering... both terrifying and exhilerating at the same time...
    there are heaps and heaps of tips, ideas, theories etc about game mastering from always saying "yes" or "yes, but" to anything your players suggest to how to create worlds, pantheons, rules etc...

im new on this site as well, but im sure there are many here willing and able to answer or suggest or help with any worry or concern or obstacle you come across :D
  • KoMiyavi
    KoMiyavi
    Awesomes. Thanks guys! I promise I'll work hard to make a good campaign >:/ Yes.