New Forum Category: Strategies and Tactics?

gnunn
gnunn
edited February 2010 in Feature Requests
Last night, the D&D 3.5 group in which I am a player took on a red dragon. Our group was equivalent to level 10 and the young adult dragon was CR13... yet we defeated it in only 3 or 4 rounds, largely because of our preparation and tactics.

While I was glad to emerge unscathed, (though our barbarian did lose 1/2 her hit points in a single round) it did feel a bit anti-climactic as the dragon was intended as a major boss figure.

I would love to see a forum section dedicated to discussing combat tactics from both a player's perspective as well as a GM's... Something akin to the Tactics and Tips archive over at Wizards, but which allows ideas to flow back and forth.

I think a section like this could help GMs create cagier opponents and help players faced with an impending battle come up with ideas to thwart said cagey opponents... or even to just shop unique group combat roles/strategies (e.g. my wizard often uses dimension door to port our group's barbarian to the "chewy center" of an enemy formation. Sort of a Wolverine- Colossus move, but in reverse.)

If you do add this section, I would suggest a simple posting convention that any person creating a post list the game system at the start of the post title... [d&d 3.5] or [Pathfinder] etc.