New Member Entering the Portal

dukethepcdr
edited January 2010 in Player Lounge
Greetings,

I am new to Obsidian Portal. I've been following the posts on Facebook for a while now and have decided to check it out for myself. I love the character creator! I haven't tried much else yet though. This looks like a great place for characters of Clan Boulderstone (a cross-game roleplaying creature clan created by my friend Doug Dalton) to have adventures! To that end, I have created two characters: Secale Boulderstone and Junior Boulderstone so far. Junior Boulderstone has D&D 4th Ed., DDM and Heroscape D&D stats set up for him so far, but I intend to use him in any game I can (Star Wars might be a bit out of character though unless he could be a native of a rather technologically backwards planet :)).

I have more experience playing role playing games on my PC and consoles than I do with table-top games, but I enjoy doing both. Obsidian Portal looks like a good way to bridge the two together. I'm still trying to figure out how one goes about playing on here though.

Any tips for joining existing games or creating new ones would be appreciated.

If you live in the Las Vegas area and would like to play table-top games with others in person, come to a Vegas Game Day event at Las Vegas Library on Las Vegas Blvd and Washington (north of the Strip)! They are free and open to the public. Play various rpgs, strategy boardgames, miniatures wargames and card games with us! Bring your own and recruit players or sign up for scheduled games by going to www.vegasgamers.org and www.meetup.com/vegasgameday/

Comments

• Morrinn
    Morrinn
    Welcome aboard Duke. at the moment its a bit difficult to browse open games looking for members, but as i understand it the OP-Team is working with making the searching more easy =)
  • Dra8er
    Dra8er
    You could also register over at Pen & Paper Games http://www.penandpapergames.com/ to look. A lot of OP campaigns are search able over there...
  • dukethepcdr
    Thanks guys! I'll give those a try.
  • Bahne
    Bahne
    greetings m8 :D

funny i used to have a dwarf character named boulderstone too :D