Question about map zoom

Comments

• Justin1188
    Justin1188
    Does anyone know how to get the different levels of map zoom?
    I was looking at other campaigns to see how they deal with their maps and noticed a few with 5 levels of zoom instead of the basic 3.

I will use the pursuit of destiny page as an example
    http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/pursuit-of-destiny/maps
    His first 2 maps have 5 levels of zoom while the last has only 3

I would love to have more levels of map zoom so i can better represent the distance between landmarks.
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    I have heard that greater levels of zoomage come with ascendant status. Were all the folks you checked out Ascendant members? I know Pursuit of Destiny is.
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    The two most zoomed in levels are automatically available on maps created by Ascendant members. I would guess that the map of Krynn on the page linked above was created before he upgraded his membership.
  • Calion
    Calion
    Er...I believe that the five levels of zoom are a feature that has been redacted, even for Ascendant members. I assume what you've seen are maps that were created before the change. Somewhere--on a blog post I believe--Micah goes into great length as to the technical reasons for this change. What I've been doing is cropping the bits of my maps that I need zoomed and uploading them separately.
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    They weren't when this thread was written, a year and a half ago. This was discussed again in a much more current thread, and it probably wasn't necessary to resurrect this one. Just saying.