Can't Upload Maps

Arkayne
Arkayne
edited October 2007 in Bug Reports

Comments

• Arkayne
    Arkayne
    Problem: Could not upload a JPG map of 115k size.

Error: Could not load map. Was it more than 500k?

Browser: IE7
  • Micah
    Micah
    Thanks. We're working on it.
  • empireforge
    Having the same problem with IE7. Is it IE7 related? I could try with Firefox on another system...
  • ryan
    ryan
    Can you send the image to support [at] obsidianportal.com so we can test it and we'll see what we can do to get it working?
  • dungeoncrawlers
    dungeoncrawlers
    Ealier today I sent an e-mail about this issue as well. Sorry, last night was my first night here, and I hadn't been around long enough to find the forums. Just didn't want to come across as dim-witted or bothersome. I'll just keep an eye out here. Thanks.
  • dungeoncrawlers
    dungeoncrawlers
    It does work with FireFox, and appears to be conflict with the way that IE7 handles the filename parameter of the “file” type input - (explained as a “security improvement”). Easiest solution right now, is for users of IE7 to download FireFox and use it to upload their maps. I’m not sure what the solution is, if I have time at the office tomorrow I might look into it to see if I can help out any.

I'm not sure how far research/development has gone into fixing the bug, but it might be a good idea in the meantime to just post a message on the Map Upload page about using Firefox while it’s being worked on?
  • Neopagan
    Neopagan
    Well you are getting further than me my map page has been reading this "Note: 1 or more maps are currently being processed. Please be patient." for over 4 months! I've given up on it unfortunately :(
  • Dalor_Darden
    Dalor_Darden
    My most recent map upload is not working...just like Neopagan, I've been waiting for over an hour...usually uploads in about five minutes tops!

Anyone have any ideas?