Another hello from Canada

Brandonsweet
Brandonsweet
edited November 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• Brandonsweet
    Brandonsweet
    Greetings!

I'm from Waterloo, Ontario, where by day I write speeches for real people, while by night I write speeches for NPCs.

I've been gaming for about 24 years, starting with the D&D basic rules red books. Over the years I've played a bunch of the classics - AD&D 2nd Ed, Star Wars d6, Paranoia, Rifts, TMNT, and Cyberpunk 2020, and more recently I've dabbled in Pathfinder and Spirit of the Century. Often a GM, seldom a player, I've enjoyed antagonizing friend and foe alike with various game systems (behind a reinforced GM screen, of course) for almost twenty years. Good times. The game that's really captured my attention recently has been Serenity.

I enjoy board games as well - Fortress America, Axis & Allies, Dust, Risk 2210AD, and Wings of War are some of my all-time favourites.

I have to say that I've been pretty resistant to attempts at modernizing the hobby in recent years, but I have found that this site filled a need I didn't know I had. Keep up the good work!
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Hi Brandonsweet!

Wow, thanks for the praise! We love to hear from our Canadian bretherin (and sisterin). We also love to hear that we helped you fill a niche that needed filling. We're thrilled to have you with us! I look forward to reading your campaigns and the fantastic adventures your players will have.

Good Gaming,
    AutumnsChild(dan)
  • Sandro_XVII
    Sandro_XVII
    Oh hey you're not THAT far from back here in Toronto. Pleased to hear from ya, bud. :D
  • Brandonsweet
    Brandonsweet
    Yes, just a few hours by dogsled...I mean a quick drive up the 401. Good times.