Collapsible Sections

ChainsawXIV
ChainsawXIV
edited October 2009 in Feature Requests

Comments

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    For organizing pages, it can be handy to have sections within a page that can be collapsed down to just their headline, and re-expanded without actually leaving the page. This type of functionality is also commonly used on forums for creating spoiler boxes, where a portion of a post is hidden until the user clicks on a button which reveals it.

The script end of this feature is easy to implement, as you can see in "this example":http://omnichron.net/external/op/dhtml_examples.html, and it should be relatively straight forward to set up an editing tag to create this type of element in pages. You could devise your own tag for it, or use something along the lines of typical BBCode:

[spoiler=title]Content![/spoiler]
    Post edited by ChainsawXIV on
  • Acetaminophen
    Acetaminophen
    I second this. I have some pages that are getting god-aweful long (like my templates for new pages....) that this could clean up quite nicely.
  • LonePaladin
    LonePaladin
    Seconded. My campaign's timeline is _veeery_ long, having a collapse feature would make it far more manageable.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I like the idea of this but can't quite get my head around the mechanics yet. I tried copying and pasting the example above but could not get it to work. I'm not very techy and my coding knowledge is limited, but I would like to be able to use collapsible sections.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Not surprising it doesn't work. This isn't actually an available feature, it's a request for one. :p