ADDED - Character Print View

riznagan
riznagan
edited October 2007 in Feature Requests

Comments

• riznagan
    riznagan
    When you're viewing a Character, could you add a "Printer Friendly" view option that just has the Character text, no ads or web-site graphics? You know, so people could just print it out and have a nice, clean text-only (oh yeah, the character portrait too) character sheet. Just thought it would be a nice feature. Thanks.
  • Micah
    Micah
    I think we can do this w/o too much trouble. Let me put it on the list.
  • DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    I'd like this feature, as well. I'm not _supposed_ to use the internet for personal reasons while I'm at work, but I do like to work on my campaign (while I'm on break... mostly), so hard copies would be nice.

Also, gods forbid, there's always the fear that I won't be able to access the site during a game...
  • Micah
    Micah
    Look for this very soon...
  • Micah
    Micah
    Added this one just now.
  • DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    I know this sounds dumb, but how do I access the printer friendly view? Is there a button to click that I'm just not seeing?
  • Micah
    Micah
    Just go to file->print or print preview (on Firefox, not sure on IE or others). There's no special page you go to in order to print. I've just changed a few settings that tell the browser not to include some things (like the logo graphics and such) when printing a page.
  • MacAllen
    MacAllen
    This isn't working for me at all. Trying to print a Cortex 3.0 sheet, it just piles the text on a blank page, with no formatting, keeps my Site banner, and is impossible to read. Help?
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    As you'll note, this discussion is from 2007. That was long before the dynamic sheet system was implemented, and that system doesn't offer printing support unfortunately. Unfortunately, I don't know of a good workaround for that at the moment. :(
    Post edited by ChainsawXIV on
  • MacAllen
    MacAllen
    Oh, ok. I didn't notice the date, I just searched and found this thread. So no printing. *sigh*
  • Crimsonphotog
    Crimsonphotog
    wow I was just looking for this feature too.. so sad..
  • Curufea
    Curufea
    Just discovered this thread myself :)

A possible workaround would be to parse the XML through a PDF writer - there are a number of PHP classes that can do this (such as tcpdf used by the print module for Drupal, you can find it here- http://www.tcpdf.org/ )

Not a small task, unfortunately.
  • jsbieber
    jsbieber
    I was just searching the forums for this very thing. This is a huge let down as it would be a great feature. Currently my PCs are keeping pen/paper character sheets because the lack of ability to print them off here on the portal. It would be great if this feature could be added or even just generate a PDF that could be downloaded and printed.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I would wholeheartedly support this, especially on the Dynamic Character Sheets if that is at all possible. ;)

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member