Hello from Maine

tsutherburg
edited November 2007 in Player Lounge

Comments

• tsutherburg
    Hiya

Just thought I would drop a quick line. Nice site. Working on getting my current campaign posted and and update and look forward to continual use of the site.

Cheers
    Tim
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    Hello, and welcome to the site! Are you going to try and go back and chronicle old sessions, or are you just going to start documenting from here on out?
  • tsutherburg
    Good Morning photoneater

Thanks for the welcome.

I am (slowly...) working on chronicling old sessions and working my way up to current sessions. Work has gone crazy so chronicling and game sessions have slowed waaaay done. Damn that pesky work stuff :)

Feel free to check out what I have so far (half of session one and some personalities) and give some constructive critisicm.

Cheers
    Tim
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    Oh, I know what you mean. When I came here, my campaign was already 8 months in the running, so there was (and still is) a lot to go through and explain.

I'll be certain to check it out. Since there isn't a user search on the main site, and the forum profiles don't display your campaigns, can I get the name of your campaign so I can go take a look?
  • tsutherburg
    Hiya

Absolutly, should have thought of that.

Campaign name is Eyes of the Liche Queen Prequel

If you just search for Eyes you only get two hits (one of which is me)

Cheers
    Tim
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    It seems like you have the framework for a fairly dynamic cast of PCs, which is always really enjoyable. I would like to see more about them, personally- including names :P

Aside from that, I'm not terribly familiar with Eberron. All I really know is that they've got themselves some crazy-magic-living-robots and the guy who writes Order of the Stick isn't a terribly big fan of the CS. Still, it seems fun, I'll be looking forward to seeing more.
  • tsutherburg
    Hello

Great characters....keep forgetting to bring my sheet of names to work with me ;). Players are all experience with multiple game systems. You should defnitely check out Eberron. Great setting and history.

Got to check out your campaign briefly. Very very nice. Gives me something to shoot for!

Cheers
    Tim
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    My boyfriend keeps trying to pressure me to pick up Eberron, but I'm just initially wary of most campaign settings. I've never been entirely comfortable taking liberties with someone else's canon, so I've always been timid in regards to using them. However, I've been told by a lot of people that I would particularly like Eberron.

Thanks, by the way. There are some other really good campaigns you should look over, too, if you want a bunch of ideas. I would recommend Brave New World, Sins of the Father, Varis: the Broken Land, Kith'tahkaros, and Boddhisattva Complex. Those are some really neat campaigns with a lot of good writing and tons of campaign specific details.
  • tsutherburg
    Overall I have been very impressed with Eberron and I highly recommend it to everyone.

And, you are welcome :)

When I get a moment to breathe I will definalty check out the other campaigns.

Cheers
    Tim
  • viz
    viz
    Kith'takharos is an Eberron campaign. It has been based mostly in Q'barra, but will probably get to the Mournlands at some point.
  • tsutherburg
    Hello Viz

Cool. I will check it out. EotLQ ends up going to Q'barra at some point or the other.

Cheers
    Tim
  • tsutherburg
    That is rather funny. I have a patch who is a NPC warforged too.

great minds think a like :)
  • viz
    viz
    I have used parts of the Lich Queen adventure in some recent sessions. In fact, right now an undead Minion of Vol, who was the mother of one of the PCs, is trying to bargain the life of her "daughter" for the three artifacts.
  • Micah
    Micah
    bq. I am (slowly…) working on chronicling old sessions and working my way up to current sessions. Work has gone crazy so chronicling and game sessions have slowed waaaay done. Damn that pesky work stuff :)

A word of advice: don't worry too much about getting old stuff up, especially if the work of doing that prevents you from using the site. Instead, make sure that you have summaries of the last session or two, and fill in the old stuff at your leisure. It's fun to look back on ancient history, but the recent stuff is almost always the most useful from a "what did we do last time?" perspective.

Just my $0.02
  • AidanDark
    AidanDark
    Hey welcome! Glad to have you on board.

.... By the way... Photon, you really are a bored bird of prey.
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    It's in the job description.

Also, caw.