My M&M Character Sheets randomly saves some stuff and forgets others.

terrorfromthesix

I think it's been happening for a few weeks now. There are some people on a server of mine informing me that it's getting handled, but it's yet to be handled. Can someone help?

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Sure!  Can you give the url of the Character you're saving, what you were changing when you Saved, and the stuff that didn't Save correctly (the stuff that was forgotten)?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• terrorfromthesix

Sure! Here's the link: https://welcometothefreedomverse.obsidianportal.com/characters/high-caliber

Now, the second sheet has no issues. The first sheet is the problem. When I add new Advantages and adjust the Powers and Skills sections, saving any changes cause those changes to disappear. It's like I didn't even edit it at all. It's not just me. There are others within the group that had issues about it.

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks!  I'll take a look and see if I can find anything obvious.  From what you've said so far, it sounds like a bug in the DST, and if there are people in your server discussing it, and saying it's being worked on, then they might be the ones that wrote the DST, and would indeed be the ones fixing it.  But if I notice anything that will help, I'll pass it along to them.

• terrorfromthesix

Well, actually, that's the issue. I don't think it's being worked on. They said it's being looked at, but I'm assuming it's based on the devs here. But, yeah. The first page is all screwy while the second page works just fine.

It's been a frustrating experience, but yeah. I'm pretty patient, so hopefully the bug is found.

• thaen
    thaen

Oh!  Appreciate you noting that!  Yeah, I just took a quick look ... from the bottom of your Character, the author of the DST you're using is barrelv.  And when I go to his Profile, Freedomverse is not in his list of Campaigns, so it seems unlikely that he'd be in y'all's server.  And so it does seem unlikely that this is being looked at by anyone.

I try not to give ETAs, so I don't know when I will get to this, but I have this on my todo list to look at now.

One thing that might help me track it down ... has this always been a problem, or did this issue start at some point after you first started using this DST?

• terrorfromthesix

No, it hasn't. The Freedomverse is a large server, but it typically doesn't have issues when updating our Dynamic Sheets. It just happened, like, last month or so. Suddenly, I heard from someone they couldn't update their sheet.

I tried it for my characters, and I couldn't either.

• thaen
    thaen

Very helpful!  That narrows it down to changes in the last couple months.  And the DST was last updated in August 2020 ... so those changes aren't an issue.

We did make a change to one of the DST libraries recently though.  I wonder if that introduced a bug.

• thaen
    thaen

@terrorfromthesix, can you try it again and let me know if it's working now?

• terrorfromthesix

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! It works! Great Bug Felled!

Thank you, thaen. You are a legend and a scholar.

• thaen
    thaen

Excellent!!  Just to make sure credit is given where due ... @ChainsawXIV is the one that actually fixed the bug.  So a hearty thank you to him!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Excellent work!

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member