Embedding a Cameo Video

Leonidas300
Leonidas300

Is there a better way to embed a cameo video than what I have here:

"Cameo":https://amanifestationofchaosextinctionevent.obsidianportal.com/wikis/the-group#m3

I would like to have the video centered and the option to play from the page or at least to open the link into playing, instead of having to click the link on the page and then start it separately once you get there.

Thoughts?

Leonidas300

"Manifestation of Chaos - Extinction Event":https://amanifestationofchaosextinctionevent.obsidianportal.com/

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Oh wow ... this is awesome!!!  How much did this cost?  Did you write the lines for him?

The way I would do this is play the whole video, and then at the end it offers 4 options.  The one all the way to the right is "Download".

Then take the downloaded video, and upload it to your Campaign's Media Library.

Then on the Wiki Edit, click the "Image Embed" (not "Media Embed").

Then, the icon will look like a page with the corner folded down.  If you have multiple files that are not images, it might be hard to tell which it is, so you might have to click on a few and find the one with the name of the file you're looking for.

Then click Insert, and go from there as far as any styling you want to do.

All that is to say I didn't see a way to embed the video directly from Cameo, and that downloading and then uploading seems to be the only option to get it the way you want it.
    Post edited by thaen on

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Abersade
    Abersade

What the what... How am I only just now hearing about this? Freaking cool.

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

That is amazing!

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Cool!

heart

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member