Accordions on character pages?

WolfLord
WolfLord

I'm having an issue where accordians don't seem to show up on character pages... they show up when i preview before saving, but then do not show up on the saved page. Is this something others experience too, and if so is there a workaround?

If not then I must have some other code messing with it. 

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Sorry! You're not doing anything wrong.  The short answer is they just don't work on Characters (or Items, or Campaign Forums).  There's no workaround currently.

It's the annoying way that the accordions were developed.  They weren't actually developed on the Character pages ... only on the WikiPages.  But to make them work "fully" on the WikiPages, the developers did make sure they worked in the Previews.  But the Previews work the same everywhere, so if you copy and paste the accordion "code" over to the Character page, it looks like it's going to work in the Preview (as you've noticed), but it won't actually work in the Character page when it's Saved.

If you look at the buttons on the side of the WikiPage edit window, you'll see "Accordion" as one of them.  But if you look at the buttons on the side of the Character edit windows, the "Accordion" button is not there.  So, again, accordions weren't developed in the Characters pages.

Making Accordions work everywhere is on the list of things to do, but it hasn't happened yet.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• ragnarhawk

Hi @Thaen,

On the subject of "...list of things to do...", I was wondering if it might be possible for you and your team to to share a features planning and status page of some sort.  One project that I follow (Vorpal Board - a kickstarted tool to make sharing board games easier) shares a Trello board.  Another has a Suggestions Board that shows a list of user suggestions, and whether they have been implemented, declined, are in progress, or are still under consideration.

The second also has tools for voting on new features - not that votes determine what is going to be done, but it does help guide what the devs will look at as priorities

• WolfLord
    WolfLord

Thanks for the quick reply Thaen!! That's definitely a bummer, but it's a relief to know it's not a result of some sloppy CSS code on my part haha. For what it's worth I would be very interesting in this feature whenever you guys are able to get to it! Scrolling past super long backstories to get to the wish list is annoying lol. 

• WolfLord
    WolfLord

While we are on the topic of characters, is it possible to put a small image after a characters name on the characters list page? Like a class symbol?

• thaen
    thaen

@WolfLord, I think you can do that with the "::after" pseudo-element.  Here's an example:

https://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_after

Let me know if that's not what you meant!

And I will indeed report back here when the accordion is fixed to work everywhere. Your point about scrolling past the long backstories is well taken!
    Post edited by thaen on

• WolfLord
    WolfLord

Perfect! I think that will work great, and thanks again!!!

• thaen
    thaen

Hey @ragnarhawk!

That's basically the function of the Feature Requests topic here in the Community Forums.  We use any comments there as indications of what's most important to be working on.

https://forums.obsidianportal.com/categories/feature-requests

But since you're aware of that topic already, I think you're wanting some additional benefit that solution is not providing.  : )  What do you see missing?

• thaen
    thaen
    @WolfLord,

And I will indeed report back here when the accordion is fixed to work everywhere. Your point about scrolling past the long backstories is well taken!

Fulfilling this promise ... accordion is fixed to work everywhere!  As are the other Selectable JavaScript Capabilities.

Let me know if anyone sees any issues!

Post edited by thaen on

• WolfLord
    WolfLord

@thaen it is working perfectly!!! Thank you so much for this and for the update, bravo!! 

• thaen
    thaen

Excellent!  Huzzah!!!