Edit Button

Keryth987
Keryth987

So...why does the main page have a highly visible and easily accessable Edit Button at the bottom of the page, and evry other page have a hard to see one that is easily hidden?

That Edit Button from the main page should be present on every wiki page created, visible only to those who have access to editing pages.

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

I'm not sure why the "Front Page" and the Wiki Pages were originally given different ways to get to the Edit screens.  The "Front Page" is special because it is the landing page for the Campaign, and so has additional parts on there like the GM and Players and Stream and so on.  So maybe that has something to do with the difference?

Personally, I prefer the less prominent edit icon, so it doesn't distract me when I'm not needing it.

But, for your Campaigns, if you want to use CSS to move your normal Wiki Page buttons to a more prominent position and style them up to look different, I'm sure that could be done. 

I can't think of how to get the edit icon to "stick" to the bottom of the entry like it is on that "Front Page", but you could get it to be stuck to the top of the entry and be centered and look like a button.

I think you would use position: absolute to get it positioned, and then "before" or "after" to add some "content" of "Edit This Page", and then the styling to make the a tag look like a button.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• thaen
    thaen

Occurred to me that the Edit form is just a url, so if you did want it at the bottom of the pages, you could hide the current Edit icons with CSS, and then put an HTML link with a class at the bottom of each of your Wiki Pages, and then style them up as buttons.  That would be a lot more labor intensive, since you would have to do it on each Wiki Page, but it would be one way to get that effect.

• Abersade
    Abersade

This should be a good starting point:

.campaign-public-layout.wiki-page-show .header-icon {
    bottom: 0;
    position: fixed;
    height: 35px;
    z-index: 150;}

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Abersade
    Abersade

After adding that code, should be able to fiddle with it to hide the original icon and to display a picture that looks like the edit button from the main page. A bit more fiddling would be able to center it. Not EXACTLY the same thing but fairly close at any rate.

GM of Stream of Kairos

• thaen
    thaen

Nice!

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

I prefer the less prominent edit button personally, but I love the workaround for those that feel differently- thanks @abersade

Just trying to help out.

• Abersade
    Abersade

Of course! Happy to assist.

GM of Stream of Kairos

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Gonna have to give that workaround a shot. Thanks

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Any working edit button works fine for me.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member