DM Run PC Not Displaying on Main Page

Keryth987
Keryth987

Is it possible for a Character, declared on the Character Sheet as a PC, but assigned to the GM (in other words, an active member of the adventuring group but an NPC), be listed on the main page as a Character played by the GM?

I've found in several games, usually D&D, either a rogue or cleric is missing from the mix and needed to be included, and so the GM makes one as an NPC, but that NPC is for all intents and purposes a PC. Right now, even clicking on the Character is a PC box, like so

and assigning the PC to the GM, like so

The Character still does not show up in the Character box

And while I used Shadows to demonstrate this, it happens on all games, even ones totally without CSS or customization

Keelah Se'lai

Keryth

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Hmmm, that would kind of have to be shoehorned in for that particular sidebar.  That sidebar is a list of the OP members in the Campaign ... the GM and a list of the Players ... and the first Character associated with the Players ... if the Player has any Characters associated with them at all.  So, it's not a list of PCs.  A list of PCs is found on the Character index page, which should show the Character you're talking about when filtered by PCs.

But that probably doesn't fix what you're seeing as an issue, so can you give me some context?  What would having that PC's avatar showing in the list of Players with the GM's avatar on it give you?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

It would give me, and anyone else viewing my wiki, a list of the characters in the group as wel as quick access to all their character sheets.

for me, at least, it's a way to quick glance the members of the adventuring group. I've worked around it in the past with a second account but that's clunky 

• thaen
    thaen

Got it.  Let me see what I can do.

• thaen
    thaen

Okay, should be there now.  Let me know if you see any issues.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Looks good. Thanks

• thaen
    thaen

Huzzah!!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

This is a cool add!

Just trying to help out.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

And suddenly not working for me anymore. Only the characters i'm a PC and not GM are showing

• thaen
    thaen

I'm not sure I'm following. 

The feature in this thread was to add the GM's Character to the Campaign's "member list" on the Campaign's Main Page.  So if you click into Shadows, for example, your Character is still listed with you as the Player:

The screenshot you're showing is your Profile where we've now added a "pawn with GM screen" for any Campaign where you are the GM, so other members can look at your Profile and tell which Campaigns you are the GM of and which Campaigns you are only a Player in.

Let me know if I'm missing something?

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Yea, but on my profile, after you made the change, the character was still showing as well, which is actually more useful for me then to tell me I'm the GM. Honestly, I know I'm the GM of which campaigns. Seeing the NPC I been using in that campaign is more useful for me.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

@Thaen Please see reply above

• thaen
    thaen

@Keryth987, as per the other thread, the profile page is back to the way it was before.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Thanks. Easier to access the NPC's this way. Least for me