I cast Hold Map Marker!

thaen
thaen

A recent support ticket asked whether there was a way to lock down the Map Markers so they wouldn't be so easily moveable.

The Map Markers were moveable/draggable at all times by anyone in the Campaign.  This could easily lead to the Map Markers accidentally being moved when someone was only trying to click and drag the Map itself to look at a different part of the Map.

Now the Map Markers are only moveable/draggable if the Map is being "Edited".  This is any time that the Map's Edit panel is open.  Note that any moving of the Map Markers when the Edit panel is open will be Saved, regardless of whether you ultimately click Save on the Edit panel or not.  So you won't be able to "revert" Map Markers to their previous locations just by clicking away from the Map without clicking Save.

Let me know if you see any issues with this new change in behavior.  I hope it's a nice "quality of life" change that makes things just a little easier to use.

Obsidian Portal Developer

Comments

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Quite helpful! Merci! 

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• thaen
    thaen

Huzzah!!  : )

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

oh this is much better!

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Sounds like a good way of doing things!

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

This is a good fix!

Just trying to help out.

• NimrodYanai
    NimrodYanai

While this is indeed very helpful, we still need a "pin" button for map markers.

I use maps for quests - when the group starts getting resources such as troops etc., I start placing quests on the map, and they can choose how to split their forces to try and solve these side quests (sort of like how they have the war map in Dragon Age: Inquisition, except the forces are accumulated during the game instead of just being those three options all the time).

This means that the map often has A LOT of map markers on it, and gets edited often, and they get moved by accident.

A "pin" option would solve that problem easily.

• thaen
    thaen

@NimrodYanai, noted!  I'll add that feature request to the list, but no promises on when it would be implemented.    Thanks for the background details on how you would use it.  That really helps!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member