Obsidian Portal for clubs/communities

FenrisLoup
FenrisLoup

Hello.

I can't see anything related to this...

We use to play in some communities, or clubs.

That means we have some tools like Discord, old forums, etc. to share some adventure logs or just have a nice chat between us.

Obsidial Portal is really nice to share all those kinds of things, campaign related but the question is, would it be possible to have something to share at community level ?

That would mean we could create linked campains with same players (but not same PC etc.). This could be public, or be "semi private".

This would suppose having some rights management etc.

I know this seems complicated, but I never found any campaign portal or manager which does this.

Either we have to do with things like slack, teams, drive etc.and this does well the "community things", either we use websites like Obsidian portal which does well the "rpg things" but not the community things...

Maybe some people devised of some workaround I don't know, but I think that would be great to have some "community plan" somewhere.

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

You could create a Campaign that is just that "Community Level" ... and not an actual "playing Campaign".  With an Ascendant membership you'd have the Campaign Forums there, and then you could invite any Players you wanted.  And if you wanted to share items from other Campaigns (that were also Ascendant), but didn't want those public, you could use the Friends privacy settings.  And you can promote your "community members" to be Co-GMs of the "Community Level" Campaign.

This is actually something we do for OP itself.  We have a private "Campaign" that we use as a place to house all of our internal discussions.

If that doesn't meet what you're thinking, let me know what still missing.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

There are numerous campaigns here that have done exactly what you're describing, @FenrisLoup. Two examples:

Tales from Mystara

Living World of Verum

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

My own campaign series uses this approach. There is a central hub and then each sub-game has it's own OP. See links in my sig

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• FenrisLoup
    FenrisLoup

Thanks, this is food for thoughs. Thaen solution seems nice. So we can imagine some people having ascendant account if they wish, not ascendant if they won't want privacy (and an ascendant for the community).

Thanks for the examples.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member