Campaign commenting

Calion
Calion

I miss the old campaign commenting feature. I realize that there were issues with spam, but would limiting commenting to logged-in members help?

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks for the request!

On the Front Page of your Campaign, right above the "Stream", there's some (admittedly hard to see) text that says "0 comments" (or however many comments the campaign has).  If you are logged in, and you click that, it will let you leave a comment on the Campaign itself.  If you're not logged in, it will only let you read the comments.  Is that what you're looking for?

If not, how did the "old campaign commenting" feature work?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Calion
    Calion

I'll be darned! It's back! Even the old comments are back!

So the only problem here is that it's less obvious than I'd like. Before, it was one of the Tabs, but I think just adding a "Leave a Comment" button right under the existing "Become a Fan" button would solve the problem.

Post edited by Calion on
  • thaen
    thaen

We wouldn't want to make a change to the layout like that for all Campaigns because it might mess up one of the other GMs' carefully crafted layouts. 

But, for your Campaign, you can use the Custom CSS to get the same effect.  I'm terrible at "make it look good" CSS, but the below CSS will get you the "button" with some text on it in the right place.  (If anyone reading wants to chime in and provide the CSS to pretty this up, that'd be much appreciated!)

.comment-count-wrapper dl {

width: 75px;

}

.comment-count-column::after {

background-color: #f9bd37;

content: "Leave a Comment!";

display: block;

width: 58.33333%;

height: 54px;

float: right;

margin-top: -54px

}

• Calion
    Calion

Thanks, and I might do that, but it was on another campaign that I couldn't find it.

Well, consider it for the next redesign.

• thaen
    thaen

Got it!

Haha!  I think there might be pitchforks if we tried to do another reforge type situation... : )

• Calion
    Calion

Sure, but I don't know that you want to commit yourself to never redesigning the site at all…

• thaen
    thaen

Right, not "never".  Just no plans currently.  We'd have to see some large feedback that the current design was an issue before we started considering a redesign of the Campaign sites themselves.  And even then, we'd figure out a way to leave the existing sites as they are.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

You are right @thaen  long existing sites already went through hell once.... great call.....

Just trying to help out.

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks for the confirmation @GamingMegaverse.  : )