Tooltips and Accordions

ragnarhawk

I have created a page where I combined the Accordion with Tooltips, and it looks like they don't work together.

I originally created the page without an Accordion, and the Tooltips worked, but the page was longer than I liked, so I went back and added in the Accordion.  Now the Accordion is working, and the Tooltips work outside the Accordion, but within the Accordion, the tooltips end up looking like links (highlighted, and show a hand icon on hover) but clicking does nothing, and the Tooltip does not show when hovering

Is this working as expected?

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

I'll check into it. If I recall the specs correctly, this should be a workable combination.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • MorganWilliams
    MorganWilliams

Accordions also don't seem to work on character pages, much to my great sadness. :(

• Kallak
    Kallak

I'll see if I can't get that changed for you.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Felderburg
    Felderburg

I just tried an accordian on a character page. The preview shows it working properly, but once saved, the titles show up as larger font (looks like h3 title style), and there is no accordian effect.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Well, I been thinking of using the Accordion to make my NPC listings easier.

So, right now I have the Heading: Government Agents

Click on that and it opens a page that is sub-divided into NYPD, The Agency, etc, with their corresponding NPC's beneath the heading

I'm hoping to use the Accordion to have

Government Agents

NYPD

NYPD NPCs

The Agency

The Agency NPCs

• Jynx001
    Jynx001

Sorry for the long delay, @ragnarhawk ! A fix has been rolled out - tooltips and random generators should now work correctly inside accordions.

For those that want to use these features, you need to create your accordion first and save the page. Then go back and edit the page to insert the tooltip where you need it. Just be sure to leave the accordion code alone and insert the tooltip within the text portion.

• thaen
    thaen

You should be able to create the Accordion and then before Saving also add in a Tooltip or a Random Generator, even with a completely new Wiki Page.  (Let me know if anyone is seeing an issue with this.)

The "Edit/Save" is only needed if you had created an Accordion with a Tooltip previously and it wasn't working.  To make it work, now that the fix is in place, you just need to Edit the wiki page, and then Save it again.  No other changes needed.  And it should then start working correctly.

Obsidian Portal Developer