Creating article 'templates'

tenebnonahs

I'm wondering if the functionality I'm looking for is possible with Obsidian Portal.  When I create a wiki entry, it's largely an open text field.  On another world building website I've seen where you essentially have templates, e.g. NPC, Town, etc. that have pre-built sub-headers depending on the type of entry you're making.  For example, for an NPC maybe there'd be sub-headers like appearance, goals, affiliations. 

Is something like this possible with Obsidian Portal?

Comments

• ragnarhawk

If you create a New Character (instead of a New Wiki Page), it does have some of that - it can have a DST (character sheet), followed by a Description and a Bio, and a Wish Lists and Goals that is private to that character...  You can mark Characters as either PC or NPC.  Similarly, if you enable Items (Advanced feature, but not Ascendant), those pages also have a Description and a Bio (or History).  You could probably use Items for locations or organizations, if that format was helpful.

I can see where these could be enhanced, but hopefully these are a start on what you want.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I second @ragnarhawk's suggestion.

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• thaen
    thaen

@ragnarhawk has it dead on for the Characters.  For the Wiki pages, you can create whatever headings you want (using the "H1 H2 H3 H4 H5 H6", buttons at the top of the open text field), and craft the page however you like.  You can even use HTML/CSS in the Wiki page if that's something you want to experiment with.

If that's not what you were looking for, what are you wanting templates to do for you?

Obsidian Portal Developer