Add "Item Link" to the right-side list?

UselessTriviaMan
UselessTriviaMan

Would it be difficult to add "Item Link" to the list of quick-use buttons on the right side of the Page Editor screen? I know how to type out the links easily enough, but it might make things a bit easier for Textile neophytes.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

Comments

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

I fully second this! They're still tied to characters in some way If I'm not mistaken, unless that's been rectified

Post edited by Conan_Lybarian on

• thaen
    thaen

@UselessTriviaMan, @Conan_Lybarian, I added the feature as a beta feature, and then added the beta feature to your accounts.  So the Campaigns where you are GM will have the "Item Link" button now in Wiki, Adventure Log, Characters, and Items.

Let us know if you see any issues!

Anyone else that wants to beta test this feature, just say so, and we'll add it to your account.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Sweet, thanks @thaenlaugh

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• thaen
    thaen

Happy to!

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Thanks! I appreciate it being in the forums too!

• thaen
    thaen

I appreciate it being in the forums too!

Oooh!  Unintended side bonus!

• thaen
    thaen

Just FYI, this is now out of beta and available to any GM that has the "Show Items Section" checked in the Campaign Settings Advanced tab.

• Krothos
    Krothos

Does this mean that the Items section has been "polished"? Shied from using because the tooltip to enable this option suggested that it may have some broken features, especially when it hasn't been "supported" for 7 years.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Yeah, I just re-noticed that "warning" today. Could we perhaps get that modified or removed, @thaen

• thaen
    thaen

@Krothos, @UselessTriviaMan, it's still "unpolished"...meaning it doesn't look great (for example it has default "avatar" pictures that look like a Character instead of an Item because the code was originally based off of the Characters section), but it functionally works and doesn't have any known bugs.  I recently changed the warning so it wouldn't sound like it was broken, and was only not looking great.  Do you have a better suggestion of what warning to put on it?  Micah's post that is linked there that explains it's a low priority part of the system is still pretty true.  If a bunch of community members said they wanted that as the priority, then we could put time into polishing it and making it look better.

• Krothos
    Krothos

I just created a test item of a magic sword in one of my old campaigns. I see now what you mean that it works very much like a character. However, I found that adding an image like you would a character updates the avatar. I can actually work with this and will find this "new" feature fun to work with. Thanks!

• thaen
    thaen

@Krothos, awesome!  Glad you're enjoying!