Anyone Need Portraits?

Jennifer
Jennifer
edited July 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Hi, it's been a while since I posted (I've been busy), but I'm currently going to school for art so I'm always looking for opportunities to try new stuff. Currently I've been working on using Illustrator to produce portraits.

Here's an example: http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq78/JMeganSnow/Sten.jpg

If you are interested in portraits or have any suggestions for me, let me know.
  • galwinganoon
    galwinganoon
    That's a really sweet portrait! I would love to enlist your aid!

The main antagonist NPC in my campaign could really use two portraits... Originally, he was a noble dragon born, the high priest of Odin for this holy empire. The PCs used dark magic to kill / mutate him into a terrible monster. If you're interested in talking about it, let me know. I'll be able to give you his story / his role in the overall campaign and you can take as much creative license with the character as you want.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Sure, galwinganoon! Send me your info.

I want to work up to getting paid for this, but I'm well aware that as an artist sometimes you need a few good loss leaders to get exposure and bring in customers. So what I'm proposing for now is to take a few commissions on a volunteer basis. If you're happy with my work, I'd love for you to offer me money, but I'd love even more for you to a.) plug me to your friends or on your websites/blogs/whatever, and b.) offer me more work.

One of the major advantages of using Illustrator is that I'm not facing a lot of investment costs for paint, paper, etc. There's no shipping to pay for, either. So I can work cheap--the only thing you really need to pay for is my *time*.

What I'd eventually really love to aim for is people putting me on a sort of retainer to do bulk orders of portraits, but that's in the future. Let's start small. :)
  • galwinganoon
    galwinganoon
    Cool! I just sent you an email on OP so we don't have to bog the boards down with details. :)
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Here's a sample of one of my loss leaders done for another forum member: http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq78/JMeganSnow/Flaming-Hand-Final.jpg
  • rzq1
    rzq1
    hi im a dm i have a couple of portraits id like you to make if you have the time. can you do half-orcs on that program