Meta tags, i.e. Facebook

Glyph3x
Glyph3x

I am wanting to add some Meta tags to the home page so that it shows up the link properly on Facebook. Is there a way to add this?

<meta property="og:url"                content="https://amanifestationofchaosextinctionevent.obsidianportal.com/"; />

<meta property="og:type"             content="website" />

<meta property="og:title"              content="A Manifestation of Chaos: Entinction Event! | Obsidian Portal" />

<meta property="og:description" content="A Pathfinder RPG Campaign set in the World of Greyhawk" />

<meta property="og:image"          

content="https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/222320/assets/1016846/Acknowledgments_MOC-EE_-_Final.png"; />

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

I'l check with the powers that be and see what options are available. If links to our pages aren't showing up properly on Facebook or other similar platforms, we definitely want to address that.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • thaen
    thaen

Hey Glyph, can you take a look at the head on your Portal and tell me if you see any issues with the way the meta tags look now?

The "description" comes from the "tagline" in your Campaign Settings, but currently "A Manifestation of Chaos: Entinction Event!" doesn't have the tagline set.  So you'll need to set the tagline to "A Pathfinder RPG Campaign set in the World of Greyhawk" before you'll see it in the meta og:description tag.

Also, the best common image url for all Campaigns that I could use was the banner (also in the Campaign Settings).  The image url you specified above is not exactly the same as your campaign's current banner, but it's pretty close.

Hope that helps!

Obsidian Portal Developer